ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mark 2 172 Gearlever Gaiter

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
The two lugs at the handbrake end of the gearlever gaiter appear to have snapped, leaving the gaiter loose. I think I'll just need to get a new gaiter from the dealer, but does anyone have any idea how the gaiter comes off? Gearlever knob doesn't seem to unscrew. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Clio Sport 172
Hello mate

The same happened to mine and it's dead easy to fit. Basically if you want to take the old one off first then pull it up so that it looks inside out and you shoulod see a cable tie that keeps the top fastened to the gear lever. Just cut that off and you'll see there's a ring that goes round where you need to fit the new one.

Then take the new one, attach the top end using the new cable tie, which you should get with the cover, and then slide it down and clip in the bottom. Make sure you are happy with how it sits before you clip in the bottom though cos otherwise you'll have to snap it and start again. Hope this helps.

Jono

172 A Cupwork Orange™
mine did that i just superglued it back down with clear glue, looks perfect cost £2.99 from halfrauds lol

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
both mine did that in the 172 and the 182 just got them done under warranty