ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup v Karlos69 = hard work

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Goodwood today; fastest circuit I've driven, pissing down all day long.

With Toyo T1-S on the back, PE2s on the front it was far too tail happy to do anything. Had to rule out the track tyres as they're almost slick, so swapped back to front, and expected an understeery mess.

It was OK though. Had to drag the brakes at times to press down on the Toyos and get them to grip, but because I had PE2s out back, the rear stayed planted.

Had a good session with Karlos69 at the end of the day. Him in front to start, then with my sophisticated picture-in-picture filming, you see me try to lose his headlights once I'm passed.

Hard work to pull away...then he'd get it all back at the next car we came across. Great fun :D

I've changed my view of wet trackdays now. Immense fun, and my wet setup is as simple as swapping the tyres :approve:

Video here...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Slow mo??? There was fluid down all round the circuit which they wouldn't dress it so it was slippery as hell.

Was fun just a bit hairy sliding at 110mph through Fordwater.

Surprisingly, exit speeds were only 10-15mph down on a dry track with track tyres.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Was the video in slow mo?

LOL

Can't wait to get my new toy on track.

:)

Matt were you the one that took your william to the Nurburgring and on the first lap spun it in the rain. You s**t yourself so much you bottled it and didnt do another lap...............???

If so you dont take the piss... Track car wont help you.

Good driving Mark wish i had a clio again.!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

LOL

Matt were you the one that took your william to the Nurburgring and on the first lap spun it in the rain. You s**t yourself so much you bottled it and didnt do another lap...............???

owned, punished, there are many words for that..lol

BMW 320d SE
PMSL @ the comments in here! A good day was had by all, and it was certainly difficult keeping up with Mark!

Clio 182

LOL

*waves* hello you!!

*edit* it wasnt raining, think it was dry and sunny - there was no spin - but the rest is correct.

Karen
(a very nervous passenger after that).

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Whatever lets not digress. (All the gear...)

Nice driving mark! id love to give goodwood a go but it scares the s**t out of me!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
God i need a clio again...... Whos got my old cup (R2)??

SB53OLU - one very careful owner - never raced or rallied.!! LOL

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

*waves* hello you!!

*edit* it wasnt raining, think it was dry and sunny - there was no spin - but the rest is correct.

Karen
(a very nervous passenger after that).

So it wasnt raining and you didnt spin but you still bottled it..............:clown:

Ahh it was one of the Timmeh racing team that spun, be he lapped it up and went out for more.

clio 200 F4Rt
Good stuff!!!

Been to Goodwood a fair few times, only once in the p1ssing wet tho, and as you say... slippery!!

Always interesting to watch different people's lines through the corners etc.

BMW 320d SE
Ahh the GRRC - are you a member then Rich? Is it worth joining? I keep meaning to find out about joining, but I never get round to it.

CB600FS
Mark do you put your rear view like that on purpose? To get it in the video? Really neat idea I reckon if it is.

Good driving aswell, and Karlos69.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
my dad is a member so he gets a plus 1

which is very good!

few pics
(my dads useless with a camera):)

PICT0148.jpg

PICT0135-1.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

PICT0155-1.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
God i need a clio again...... Whos got my old cup (R2)??

SB53OLU - one very careful owner - never raced or rallied.!! LOL

I own the cup rg SB53OLU, any info on it would be greatly appreciated, not fussed if its been thrashed within an inch of its life, just want to know some history about it, thanks