ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Marker on my headlights

Clio 172
SO Angry! Some complete little knob has decided to graffitti on my headlight over night in black permenant marker. I've got the plastic headlights, any ideas how I can get it off?? Any suggestions appreciated thanks!:dapprove:

Nissan 350z
Re: F*CK SAKE! Help!!!!

SO Angry! Some complete little knob has decided to graffitti on my headlight over night in black permenant marker. I've got the plastic headlights, any ideas how I can get it off?? Any suggestions appreciated thanks!:dapprove:

Angry!? Id be happy!
The fact some prick has decided to target your car with vandalism they could have chosen a whole list of FAAAAR worse and more expensive things to put right. Be happy you got off lightly :)

Fiesta ST-3

Angry!? Id be happy!
The fact some prick has decided to target your car with vandalism they could have chosen a whole list of FAAAAR worse and more expensive things to put right. Be happy you got off lightly :)

Happy? So if you woke up in the morning, and I'd wrote t**t in permanent on your 200's headlights... You would look at it and feel happy...?

Clio 182 arctic

was it not a mate pi**ing about. as said if it was some scrote then im sure they would have done a lot worse.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora

Better than it getting keyed i suppose, thinners then a bit of polish on it

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

Happy? So if you woke up in the morning, and I'd wrote t**t in permanent on your 200's headlights... You would look at it and feel happy...?

i would lol tbh, its not like they did it on the paint so they cleary have some kind of heart lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

Use it as an excuse to do the headlight correction. Kill to birds with one stone

Don't take thinners near it FFS, a decent polish will take it off all thinners will do is make a mess.

Mini Cooper S sport

What a strange thing to do..

Yeah I'd be pissed off, but also glad that's all they did.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

People will laugh but get a whiteboard marker and scribble over it.

Don't know how it works but if you writer over permanent marker with non permanent and then rub it off it takes the permanent off too.

Clio Hybrid / S3

If you don't have white spirit, spray some deodorant and wipe. Has always worked removing permanent marker.

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)

Hardly end of the world, get some lynx deodorant and spray it on the headlight, the marker pen will just come loose, wipe it off with a wet cloth. done.

Clio 172

Cheers for the suggestions. I think I'll try the whiteboard marker first, I'd like to avoid getting any chemicals near my car if at all possible knowing what I'm like... Definitely not mates, I'm in Manchester visiting my gf and it was parked at the side of the road. I'm amazed nothing like this has happened before tbh.

Turns out someones had a roll around on the bonnet too, its got lots of nice scratches in it now grrrr. Oh and theres a dent in the rear panel by the door seam looks like some t**t has hoofed it. And for some bizzarre reason the bonnet was also covered in sugar, which had melted on in quite a few places oddly as it was only over night. I couldn't see any more down the road targetted, but I didn't really look to be honest!

SO Annoyed but oh well could have been a lot worse. God knows what happened over night, I didn't even hear the alarm go off. All I do know is that I will not be parking it down that road again!

Looks like I need another nice day and some T-cut ASAP...

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Cheers for the suggestions. I think I'll try the whiteboard marker first, I'd like to avoid getting any chemicals near my car if at all possible knowing what I'm like... Definitely not mates, I'm in Manchester visiting my gf and it was parked at the side of the road. I'm amazed nothing like this has happened before tbh.

Turns out someones had a roll around on the bonnet too, its got lots of nice scratches in it now grrrr. Oh and theres a dent in the rear panel by the door seam looks like some t**t has hoofed it. And for some bizzarre reason the bonnet was also covered in sugar, which had melted on in quite a few places oddly as it was only over night. I couldn't see any more down the road targetted, but I didn't really look to be honest!

SO Annoyed but oh well could have been a lot worse. God knows what happened over night, I didn't even hear the alarm go off. All I do know is that I will not be parking it down that road again!

Whatever you do, make sure its a non permanent whiteboard marker before you go scribbling all over your light with it flol.

But other than that it should work a treat, I use the trick quite often in work and have no idea why it does work, magic I guess!

People will laugh but get a whiteboard marker and scribble over it.

Don't know how it works but if you writer over permanent marker with non permanent and then rub it off it takes the permanent off too.

Lol! sounds like the trick of using white wine to get red wine stains out

Nissan 350z

Oh that sucks mate. This is what i was refering to with my earlier comment, when you compare your first post and now this you can understand why alot of us were saying you had gotten off lightly. Its a shame that isnt the case anymore :(

Clio 172
Well the good news is the whiteboard marker worked! You'd never know it had been written on. Only problem now is that there are scratches all over the bonnet and passenger door to get rid of :( Oh and anyone know of any decent dent removal places in the south?