ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Massive Car Problems

firstly ive got a 1.2 16v. went to work this morning as normal, no problems all was fine. went to leave work 9 hours later at 5 pm, get in my car, started up fine until i accelerated and the engine kept running but the power totally went and would only rev (very very slowly) up to just over 3000rpm and the electrical fault light came on, anyway turned the car off and tried starting it a few times, started every time, although sometimes the revs would be up and down, other times the electrical fault light would come on and other times it would be fine until i accelerated again.

managed to get out of the 4 storey car park (around 35 mins later - due to car cuttin out etc) pulled up in a block of flats and called the AA via renault assitance. he arrived about 30mins later, looked under the bonnet but couldnt really find the fault. aa man told me the best bet was to get it to a renault garage and leave it there. so tried to set off with him following me (after him looking at my engine and my plugs etc the car was running really lumpy now and the engine management light on), got about 2 mins down the road and the power went again so he towed me to the garage.

left it there at the garage with a note and the spare keys - hopefully theyll sort it before xmas, doubt it thou! :-(

anyone care to figure what could be up with it? warranty runs out early January!

matt

I had the same problem with my old 1.2 16v. No power at all.
Could barely get up a small hill in first.

Turned out to be the Injector computer? Does anyone know what that actually is ?

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by iceblue182 on 22 December 2004

i have no idea whats wrong with you car but why the hell didnt the aa guy tow you to the dealer?
I think he did didnt he?

"he towed me to the garage"

skoda and audi

I have just had the same problem on my 172 the car went really lumpy and losses power and the orange light came on the garage replaced the coil pack and it now runs like a dream .

The 1.2 has a few known engine problems, ive had that happen to me. Was last year so i cant remember the fault, it happened again but that time it was just a spark plug!

-Rob

Ziel Nurburgring

Mum had that on her 1.2, only 12 months old and the "chip on top of the engine was dead"(her words, as told by the garage), not the ECU but another one. They just swapped it out and it was fine. Might take them a couple of days to get one in though, but its only a 20 minute job

Clio 172

this happened to me a couple of days ago, twice in one nite, but ok at mo, got it booked in for renault to have a look tho!

Ford Fiesta

that happended with my old dynamqiue too, went into "limp mode"

AA didnt have a clue, renault changed all the plugs and re programmed ECU and all was fine.

Chocolate Bar™

a similar thing happened to me when the engine died and went into limp mode. however the person at the garage told me it was to do with an electrical fault relating to the throttle body? no idea what she was on about, to be honest i dont think she knew but they sorted it under warranty and drives much better since :)