ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MASSIVE iTunes F*ck up... :(

320d M Sport
yes it is probably my fault...FFS

so, my C Drive (Toshiba Laptop, Vista) was approaching capacity with music etc. My E drive was empty. I "cut" the entire music folder from C to E. Couple of hours later all seemed fine. I dragged my music into itunes. Now I have LOADS of problems?

When I try wireless sync My iphone is showing "Paddy Laptop" X 2?
I have 2 of every track in my music library.
All my apps from the phone have disappeared? (i've got them back on itunes again by dragging a windows folder with the apps in, into iTunes).
All my playlists have gone?

It's like a brand new itunes with none of my data?

Anyone help?

I'm buying an external drive any day now if that's relevant?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'm guessing you have 2 of every entry and only 1 of the 2 entries work?

There is a way for iTunes to migrate the music library elsewhere (not that this helps you now).

Can't help with any way to revert back though, maybe someone else knows if this cam be done.

You'll have two of every track because you have loaded two directories. Although one of every song won't play anymore as that directory doesn't exist anymore.

I'd probably remove every track from iTunes, then reload the new directory.

320d M Sport
Yea thanks, any ideas about why my Playlists, which took AGES to fill with specific tracks has gone!?

And what's the deal with my phone / apps etc?

What?! Then both directories still exist, which sounds like you've copied the music to a new folder, then added it to iTunes.

Start again.

Nah, just remove all the music from your library and re-add it from the new location.

Or if you want uninstall it, and remove all the left over files too. But that will mean you start from scratch.

320d M Sport
Ok. I know my actual music is safe because I've just stuck that somewhere else.

Anybody know why it's not picking up the apps / personal data / playlists??

320d M Sport
No mate! I've switched the laptop off. If I try sync the iPhone I'm worried it'll delete all the apps etc off it again?! Urgh :-(

320d M Sport
Tom, I'm not too bothered about the music, I know how to fix that. Why are the playlists and apps and other data missing? Why is iTunes wiping my apps on the phone?
Something's Obviously happened when windows moved my music from C to E drive.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's the location of your itunes folder.

You've moved it.

iTunes is looking for it and it's created an empty one or whatever, you need to re-direct it.

This is the great thing about OSX iTunes. The system knows where the files are. You can dump a track in the trashcan using Finder, and iTunes just plays it from there. Get Info shows the new location as being in the trashcan. No drama. It dynamically tracks where the files are all the time. No duplicates. No missing files. It just works.

True story bro.

320d M Sport
Yep that is pretty slick.

Seems like I've fixed all but 1 problem.

Windows had dupilicated the "library.xml" file. Deleted the new one and imported the old one back into iTunes...viola, playlists and everything just how it was, I can now sync phone etc.

BUT, when I go to check the "sync apps" tab in my phone, it's taking all my apps off and putting them back on not in folders over 5 desktop pages?! Plus all my sign in data and preferences are gone? I've left it unchecked at the moment, it's syncing to iCloud each night which is how I got them back the other day.