ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matching UCH numbers

Hey guys,

I've pulled the ECU and UCH out of my car after the lights kept flashing, wipers wouldn't park, the relays kept clicking and the immobiliser light was flashing fast and it wouldn't crank. Now I've come to get a set, but I can't find any UCH numbers that match with mine. For example, lets say my part number was 12345A ... I can find a UCH N3 with 12345B or 12345 but I can't find any with 12345A and a matching 1.2 16v ECU. Does anyone know if it would still work if I got a 12345 or 12345B despite that mine has an A on the end? I found an A but that comes with an ECU for a 1.4 which obviously wouldn't work with mine.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
if you change the UCH you'll need an ecu and key as they're all coded together.

probably not what you wanted to hear.

I need to match my ECU with another ECU from a 1.2 16. But if that ECU comes with a newer UCH would that still work? Renault said it would but that's if I buy it new, have it coded and keep my ECU.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
and they'll charge you an obscene amount for that.
I'd imagine if the plugs / connectors are the same on the newer/older ECU and you can get a matched set with UCH and key then all will work fine, but I'm not 100% on that.

They quoted me £287 but it's a newer one, that was just for the part and then £70 an hour fpr labor, apparently a three hour job XD. I have heard of some people being quoted over a grand! Managed to get an entire set, it's revision B instead of A but it comes with a 14 day returns policy so if it turns out not to work I can return it.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
sounds about right!
most sports seem to come in around £800 supplied and fitted.