ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[May 16, 2015] West Midlands Rolling Road Day (Viezu Technologies LTD)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You can bring some spare club stickers if you want, cause I can't get mine on [emoji2]
I haven't got any spare club stickers. If you still have the ones you have had, I can get them on...really are easy to do.

If not. Get one ordered and it should be with you for Saturday hopefully and I can put it on for you if that helps.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
@..Jack...

I don't know if you plan to make a list for people meeting at Frankley but I'll probably meet there. I'm not exactly sure where we're heading but am always up for a convoy [emoji2]

Hi guys I'm ovy (sy) just wanted to say thanks for letting me bring the big brother (rs Meg) this Saturday will hopefully be at frankely serv for half 7 if not will meet you all there.

Clio Cup 200
What's the post code of where the actual event is? I'll have to meet people there if I come, the 200 needs a clean so I may be late.

@Don which route do you plan to take coming down? I see it's basiclaly East of Worcester now as opposed to North - does that mean you are getting off J7 M5, or going M42/A449 way?

If it's the first one, should be able to meet u guys at J7 :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
@Don which route do you plan to take coming down? I see it's basiclaly East of Worcester now as opposed to North - does that mean you are getting off J7 M5, or going M42/A449 way?

If it's the first one, should be able to meet u guys at J7 :)
I wasn't sure as it's much of a muchness. If any locals can suggest best route I will take their word for it as I'm not certain down there...

I can help with the convoy route from frankely services I think it's best to go straight down the a435 so it will be leave m5 j4 along a38 onto m42 then off m42 @j3 straight down a435 to bidford

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I live locally and I'd probably agree with ovy, thats probably the simplest route. I wouldn't bother going all the way to Worcester and going cross country though.
If you do go down the A435, once its goes from duel carriageway to normal roads, watch out for speed cameras, especially after Studley / Kings Coughton!

I'll probably take a similar route, but passing through Redditch.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Cleaned car earlier, but been asked to help a family member who's Ill out so will try and get there but can't guarantee

Clio Trophy
im not going to be able to make it :( got to work,, if you organise another one here, tag me in it please :)

Was good to meet some of you guys today, and even better to get my car off the rollers in one piece as well. And even managed a 147 at the wheels (about 174ps) until the front wheels started losing traction. So good day all round
2015-05-16%2013.19.43_zpsjwbhglje.jpg

Well what did ya get then ? :wink:

Updated my thread - 322.8! :smile: aka 269 atw! (saying 20% loss, but it was actually on the 4wd rollers this time, not the 2wd with haldex disabled).

More than before by quite a bit tbh (I think it was 253 atw before) - difference of having 900 vs 9500 miles on the clock xD

Weird it lost traction, what tyres are on it? You can see the blips on the graph, not seen that before!
Toyo's on, but might have been too much pressure in. I'll know next time.
And going on an 18% drop because of the type of measuring (at the wheels) it should work out at just over 174bhp ?

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Thanks for organising this guys [emoji2]

Mine ran pretty much as I expected so pleased with my results today. I got 254 at the wheels so 304.8 on the fly. Still slightly disappointed that @Addicted did better than me though [emoji6]

8432e7f8e85ee5a00c037129bbf497ec.jpg

Yeah you're right and to be honest there's probably very little in it full stop. Either way your readings very impressive!

Does anyone know what they plan to do with the photos they took? I wouldn't mind a few of mine for keepsake.

Seems they are on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.996208117057623.1073741870.122618367749940&type=1

Could prob ask them for higher res if required, facebook tends to eat the quality!

edit: We raised £325 for charity - so good work guys :)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Thanks for the link. There's some good photos on there and a nice amount raised considering we were lower in numbers than expected!