ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

May Bank Holiday meet - 25th - 27th May????

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I dont know about everyone else....but I'm getting sick of the west Midlands not having an active CS member group.

I remember the days when I used to organise stuff and we all had a laugh....what's happened?

Because of this, I'm stepping up to the Oche again and will be organising a meet for the weekend in may for the 2nd Bank Holiday so one of the days Saturday 25, Sunday 26th or Monday 27th May 2019.

Where do people fancy? We can go with the consensus, but want us to get together and had a drink or bite to eat or both and maybe something else just so we can attempt to kick start this area back into life.

Come on people....stand up for your area, prove we've not all become hermits and let's get together and be a bloody group. Friends, partners, people without Clios now are welcome (so members who have since moved away from Clio ownership)...its a group and members of the group will always be welcome.

Right, hopefully I've started the ball rolling. Fire your suggestions at me and we can all decide from there.

Your input is greatly welcomed and appreciated.

Don

Clio 172 Cup
Fair play mate for starting this and I am up this moving forward unfortunately I am on holiday that week so can’t make that meet but I am keen on future ones ?

Reactions: Don

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I’m at a wedding on the Saturday and going away on Sunday for the rest of the week. I’m up for another time though!

Reactions: Don

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I’m at a wedding on the Saturday and going away on Sunday for the rest of the week. I’m up for another time though!

Chris,

You'll know how it was...unfortunately it seems to have slipped off the radar, so just trying to give it the nudge to inspire people to have a bit of enthusiasm for it.

Thanks both so far for acknowledging this...if you know anyone you think may be up for it...please tag them if they fancy it or want to contribute.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
@wayne9989 and Kim are still about. They might be up for it. If it is in Saturday day time I may be able to make it.

@Mr Burns is still knocking about too.

wayne9989

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Ahh ... The good old days Don!

Sharing cheesy garlic bread with Chris whilst the the creepy dude from Stoke starred at our WaGs [emoji23] (Now serving time at Her Majesty’s pleasure I believe)

I agree though, these meets have gone massively off the boil. Me and Kim would both be up for a meet soon, I’ll keep an eye on this thread.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Ahh ... The good old days Don!

Sharing cheesy garlic bread with Chris whilst the the creepy dude from Stoke starred at our WaGs [emoji23] (Now serving time at Her Majesty’s pleasure I believe)

I agree though, these meets have gone massively off the boil. Me and Kim would both be up for a meet soon, I’ll keep an eye on this thread.

Old 'Jimmy' wont be attending any time soon....I've just seen absolutely Sweet FA happen in terms of West Midlands for some time. We've had reps and stuff, but if the people are there...then they hopefully will attend. As you and Chris can quantify, CS does have a lot of decent people (there will be wrong'uns in any collection of people) and I want a sense of community to be brought back in here

I appreciate, with Facebook, etc, forums like these are not as big a thing as they used to be...but the Community in general are there and for people wondering whether or not to go to CSF, then this is a good way to see people and see whether or not you think it is for you. (I've already got my ticket!).

Its about 6 weeks before CSF so will probably be the first of 2019 and the last before CSF.

Swift Sport
I didn't really think meets were still a thing tbh... I haven't been to one in years. I still go to Motorsport events and do trackdays but despite this my passion for cars is actually pretty low. I'm longer interested in modifying or talking about cars... I just drive them lol.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Weekends are a problem for me as I only work weekends. But if something comes up during the week I’d definitely take part.

Clio 172 Cup
I think now meets are more about maybe meeting at a pub or cafe having some food and talking about our cars and stuff gone are the days for me racing and doing burnouts ect I am old now lol but still have a massive interest in cars and love my Clio and very rarely get chance to see and discuss this with like minded people

wayne9989

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro
I think now meets are more about maybe meeting at a pub or cafe having some food and talking about our cars and stuff gone are the days for me racing and doing burnouts ect I am old now lol but still have a massive interest in cars and love my Clio and very rarely get chance to see and discuss this with like minded people

Meeting up for food and talking about cars with like minded people was exactly how I got involved with the West Midlands group back in the day.

It was never about racing around, boasting about how much horse power you had or even what car you had. It was about meeting up with local members and having a laugh.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Theres too many cameras out there to be dicking around on the roads....also, all is takes is one penis to ruin it for everyone. Meet up, have a laugh, bite to eat and potentially get advice or tips or credit on your vehicle.