ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

May be selling the Hybrid!!!

Right after your opinions! Me n the missus are looking at buying a rundown grade II listed barn for conversion and renovating and will probably need to sell both our cars to get a big enougth mortgage!

The missus has a MGTF 135 03 Trophy Blue with the top sports pack cost her £21k last March!

And then there my beast:cry: 2.0ltr 16v Valver

Mrs will get about £14k for hers and i will get about £3.5k for mine so thats £17.5k

Missus needs to clear loan of approx £9k so will leave about £8.5k to spend on 2 cars!

Both must be fairly new with one costing approx £6k and the other about £2.5k!

I will be using the more expensive one for work etc and as the missus gets the bus to work she will be using the cheaper one to get her to the bus station!

Saying that both need to be fairly insurance friendly especially the cheaper one and yet still fast!

The more expensive one (My drive) we want to be the beast!! fast, good handling etc!

Ideas Please!!

williams 2 turbo

if yours is worth 3500, keep it and get another for 5 grand, hey presto, every ones a winner. ta da, problem solved, p.s. if you save a bit on the other car, spend it on yours!

Wish i could mate but the missus is gonna be driving the cheaper to run car!

Mine is costing me £90pm Insurance and almost £80pm petrol:eek:

We were thinking along the lines of this for me:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1075742575__media.jpg

2002 MG ZR 1.8 160, 2002,
02 reg. 15000 miles, Metallic Silver, e/windows, e/mirrors, PAS, r/c/locking, alarm/immobilizer, half leather, 17in alloys, a/c, CD, Cat D recorded, bargain. £6,495. ono.

And this for the missus:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1075742889__media1.jpg

1997 P Reg Peugeot 106 1.6 GTi
Manual 5 speed, Red Metallic, Hatchback, 3 Doors. 15" light alloy wheels, ABS, airbag single, alarm, bumper and mirror in color, central doorlocks with remote control, electric sunroof, fog lights, immobiliser, light alloy wheels, mirrors electric, MOT at delivery, power steering, radio/cassette, windows front electric. lovely car, one of the best handling hatches ever made, fun, future classic £2,995.

If i was you Smokey, stay well away from MGs!! A mate in work has one & it spends most its life at the dealer. Drivers window fell on his lap! Drivers door frequently wont open from inside & out, clutch went at 15k.

The list goes on. Mind you, the one above is a bargain even if it is Cat D.

Id say get rid of the MGF as well my mate at work has one and the only positive things he has to say are 1 it looks sporty and 2 in a few more months he is finishing the contract. Built quaility is abismal he said they changed the head gastget after about a week in less than an hour which is good service but poor build.

Why not sell the MGF and get a 1.2/dci diesel for some cheap motering.

Seems stupid selling your car for about 3.5k and then buying one for a few hundered less you know the history and whats been done to your car you cannot say the same about a different car.

EDD

My birds car is the MGTF and she has not had 1 problem in the 11 months of owning it, service has been superb with MG which not alot can say about the Renault dealers!

Mrs will insure the ZR i will insure the GTI, which should save me quite a bit, running costs will almost half, its just the GF will be driving the 106 everyday and she hates driving my valver! Steerings too heavy, clutch is too hard, ride quality is rock hard, too rattly, too noisy do i need to go on lol!!

She wants a new looking car not my old 1994 valver!

1.2 is way too slow for her lol!! and she would never have a diesel!! Mate its like me going to a 1.2l, id never do it after the valver.

Was also considering the 172 n 106!

williams and trophy

lol like some1 said before...keep urs for u n get the mrs summat else...

maybe even stick a gas tank on urs if u want it ultra cheap to run

Hang on, youre selling your car to get a 106 and MG.. which, probably are higher insurance? :confused:

Why not just keep your Valver and get the missus the 106?

I cant see how getting a ZR160 will save much money.

well getting a ZR will save the missus £200 pm as thats what her TF is costing her! She had half the cash so shes gonna sell hers a pay off her loan then shes gonna insure the ZR with me as a named driver as she has 7Yrs NCB compared to my 1 yr NCB! So i will be insuring the 106 with her as a named driver, but she will drive the cheap run around and i will drive the ZR!

She hates my car and wont drive it n does not even like being a passenger in it, so that cant be the main car but she wants something nice n sporty! She dont wanna sell her TF really cause she loves it so its gotta be on Par with that for the expensive car! She has expensive taste and was looking at trading it in for one of these:

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=62155042http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=62155042

Now thats not economical! 2.3ltr Kompressor, So the ZR was a compromise! Basically she dont want a 16v and a 106, as the valvers not new enougth for a joint car!

The 106 may be a Quicksilver or GTI were not sure yet!

If we could get a 172 @ £6.5k we would seriously look at it and other small ish cars!

Also theres the thing as i aint told my insurance about the engine conversion n interior etc and if it gets nicked im gonna be £2k out of pocket! which is quite worrying, and i thought bout declaring it and it almost trebled my premium as i only got 1 yr ncb!