ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

may have found a good dealer at last

Clio 172 Cup

after taking my car to two dealers over a space of 1 and a hlaf years, i decided to take it to Sunwin Renault at Preston, as the two previous dealers always fobbed me off and said that they couldnt find what i was telling them was wrong with the car. Plus the Bury dealer put a nice big dint in my car, and then told me that i dropped it off like that.

Anyway, after a week of my car being at Sunwin, they have changed the brake pipe/line?, fitted that rear brake valve thingy (stops the clunking noise), changed the gear-box mounts, something to do with a heat shield, give it a full-wheel allignment and balancing, a new emissions sensor, power steering pipe (the new shaped one), top strut work, new exhaust parts and several road tests. Some of these things i didnt even ask them to check - which is good because they obviously give the car a good look over. Everytime i ring they have ordered new parts cos they keep finding problems with it!!! They still havent found the problem thats causing the rattling when cornering, but they are determined to find it which makes me happy (i hope they do) - instead of them telling me that its fixed when its not. Glad its still under warranty!!! At last - maybe a good renault dealer for me - ill see when i get the car back - not getting ahead of myself, after all its renault!!!

J

MERCEDES CLS AMG

I used to work there - they are a good bunch. If you guys ever need any new Renault parts ring kieron on 01772 329920 tell em you know me of the website ( matt ) - kieron is gay but hes OK ;)

( think you pm,d me about this and i refered you ? )

996 Carrera

I had my first service done there - seemed very professional and only cost me £109!

Re: the rear brake valve thingy - did you have it replaced or was it fitted for the first time? My reason for asking is that at my 24k service i was told it was missing (or rather a part of it was), but that it couldnt be done under warranty as the part wasnt fitted when I bought the car. £300 all in for it to be fitted.

Think Ill be there for my 36k service.

Cheers for any info.

G

Clio 172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 03 March 2005

I used to work there - they are a good bunch. If you guys ever need any new Renault parts ring kieron on 01772 329920 tell em you know me of the website ( matt ) - kieron is gay but hes OK ;)

( think you pm,d me about this and i refered you ? )

yeah u did was meaning to say thanks!!!

Clio 172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by monkeymagic on 03 March 2005

I had my first service done there - seemed very professional and only cost me £109!

Re: the rear brake valve thingy - did you have it replaced or was it fitted for the first time? My reason for asking is that at my 24k service i was told it was missing (or rather a part of it was), but that it couldnt be done under warranty as the part wasnt fitted when I bought the car. £300 all in for it to be fitted.

Think Ill be there for my 36k service.

Cheers for any info.

G

no should be done under warranty

had problems with sunwin preston. Took them 3 attemps to fix my starting problem and dont do courtesy cars. This is a bit of a prob since its miles away from anywhere and service is only open on weekdays so ive had 2 take time off work. I used to think they were good but not sure now.