ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

maybe a silly decat question

RB 182 Cup
my 182 cat has crack on the center box join, cheapest option is decat.. mine has 2 lamba's.. but all ebay pipes have 1 lamba..
can i run the car with a single lamba?

53 Clio's & counting
Yes, the rear lambda only reads if the cat is working - you will probably have a light on your dash to ignore though

Golf GTD Mk7
It would still be on mate as the reading from the second lambda would assume the cat is broken. Are you sure that you have the correct pipe?

RB 182 Cup
i havnt bought one yet.. was going to drive to demontweeks in a minute to get a scorpion de-cat.
but.. the ebay "demontweeks" picture has the correct fit pipe (coned edge and bracket) the demontweeks website has different fit :-/ (flange/gasket 2 bolts)

ITB BG 182
my 182 cat has crack on the center box join, cheapest option is decat.. mine has 2 lamba's.. but all ebay pipes have 1 lamba..
can i run the car with a single lamba?
I didnt think the cats on 182's have 2 sensors on them. Just thourght it was one on the manifold and one in the rear end of the cat?

decatpipe.jpg

That is what the scorpion 192 decat looks like. Taken directly from the rs192 website and I have one sat in the garage.