ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mayonnaise

A few weeks ago my 1.2 16v Clio went into a Renault dealer with 3 problems, not starting, trip computer resetting itself and a white discharge in the top of the oil filler cap.

A month later and pestering them every day we finally got the car back, starting problem has gone, but checking the oil filler cap the white discharge still appears. Theres none and the dipstick and there never has been, it does raise the question as to whether theyve changed the gasket at all or if this white discharge is normal of a car that spends its time outside and in the week only doing fairly small trips to and from work (9 mile round trip).

Does anyone else get this build up?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

If its only doing short trips and never fully warming up then it can happen due to a build up of condensation. Take it out for a good run at least once a week.

could you think of an alternative title for this thread and let me know - I will then change it, otherwise it will have to go in "off topic" :D

500bhp Scoob

the small trips are what do it, doesnt make the oil heat up enough to make the water evaporate.

If you give your car a nice long thrash somewhere, then check, it should be gone :)

I get this on my mk1 clio, as my work journey is very short, just over a mile lol.

I just take it out at the weekend, and make sure i put a fair few miles on the clock

mine does it as well its just where the plastic pipe flows away from the engin and condensation it wont do no harm as long as it dont go into head it will be ok, my cousin is workshop manger at bridges reno and he said it will be ok,

Ok guys thanks, youve been a great help and finally put my mind at rest :)

If you were serious about the topic title: Water in my Oil?

[Edited by Spies on 20 February 2005 at 4:22pm]

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 20 February 2005

could you think of an alternative title for this thread and let me know - I will then change it, otherwise it will have to go in "off topic" :D
U aint being serious are you?

a change of title would be helpful to all parties - Spies is more likely to get people looking at it and then more people will be able to help him/her - either way it looks like the result has been achieved