ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MCITP Cert...

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Worth pursuing? My boss is asking me what training I want, and it looks reasonably relevant to what I want to do (I'm just a lowly 2nd line tech again here, f**king recession, had to take the first job I was offered)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
As with all training is it relevant? If you want to do MS server support then yes it's worth it imho.

Chap at my place is going on the MCITP Enterprise Admin course soon-ish.

I fancy just doing a server 2008 mcts jsut to get the gist of it but got no need for the full blown thing really, got other things I want my training budget to go on :)

Reminds me I must get the exam booked I keep meaning to do :/

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Not relevant in the slightest to my job here, could be done by a monkey.

Relevant to what I want to go back in to though

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Relevant to what I want to go back in to though

Then I'd say yes it's worth it :)

Usually people go for 1 of 3 types of certs:

1. Something that they are currently doing to validate their skills
2. Something they want to do in future
3. Something not relevant to what they are doing now, or what they want to do

1 and 2 are fine, 3 is what idiots do :)

I had an MCSE booked up last year but cancelled it as thought there was no point. I was already doing a job that it would be a requirement for. And what I want to do next wouldn't really benefit from one, so decided to start doing stuff that will hopefully benefit me for my next job, whenever that will be.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Hahahahahahahaha.

2nd line b**ch.

Shush :p

Told my boss the other day that I didn't know how long I'd be staying PMSL, given that I'd outgrown helldesk work years ago

He seemed to agree with me tbh, which was nice. I could move into 3rd line where I am, but it'd mean moving to Jersey.. which isn't going to happen

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like the new name for MCP/MCSA/MCSE to me after a quick look? If they're paying for it then do it. Wish the college I work for would pay for me to do something like that:(.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Looks like the new name for MCP/MCSA/MCSE to me after a quick look? If they're paying for it then do it. Wish the college I work for would pay for me to do something like that:(.
yes, they changed the name for the 2008 track.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
We do all our corporate shizzle thru learning treeeee I believe.

I've done networking stuff before, I have an expired CCNA too :p but no real desire to go back to it.

Much prefer servers to people

renualt clio 1.2 rn
We do all our corporate shizzle thru learning treeeee I believe.

I've done networking stuff before, I have an expired CCNA too :p but no real desire to go back to it.

Much prefer servers to people

Ahhhh there's nothing like the quite hum of happy servers and routers in the morning to welcome you home ...