ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mechanical braking issue

Clio 182 w/Cup pack
Hi All,

I've noticed lately, that the mechanical braking of my Clio is not as good as it used to be!

With the engine off, and the brake pedal pressed a few times so that the brake system is fully loaded, the wheels are not fully clamped! In fact, some of them are still free to rotate. I am certain that this was never the case...obviously something has changed with the brake system!

Has anyone else come across such an issue? What is the cause of the problem? How can it be resolved?

Cheers,

Check brake fluid if level down, find the leak and fix...if all ok.

Check vacuum hose from intake to the master cylinder could be perished\loose and allowing air to be sucked in. Or master cylinder can't hold vacuum and needs replacing.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Keep foot on brake pedal as hard as possible for at least a minute:if pedal eventually goes down you have a leak.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why would you be pumping it without the engine on on a regular basis? Genuine question?

Clio 182 w/Cup pack
DrR: checking the brake system after track days...make sure there is no air in the system...

Could it be the vacuum valve, or the diaphragm inside the brake servo? How can someone tell without changing parts?