ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

megane 225 engine help

Can you please help me transform my 1.4 ltr megane 2 into a 225 megane.

I will do this by getting a megane 225 cut in half and place all its part into my car. Can you inform me were to get such a halved car.(site or a telephone number)

please help

thanks,

Alex

J3ned is the person to speak to but cost wise this just isnt IMO effective. Best IMO to sell your car and buy a 225. If you want the sleeper look take the 225 body kitt off and sell it to someone who wants a 225 lok alike.

Your looking at a fair price for the whole fornt of the Megan plus youll have to have all the other bits my guess is without labout your looking at £4k in parts. Labour youll be looking at £5k

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 10 June 2005
youre talking around the £5K markim doing it to my clio at the moment

u started the convertion yet ?? or u still waiting on funds ?? how much bigger than say a 172 engine is it ??

Lionel Richie

the head is similar to the 182 head, but the block is HUGE!!!!

the engine is off to the dyno at the end of july/start of august

parts needed

Vel satis/MRS engine = £1250+
ND0 gearbox = £800
OMEX ECU = £1400ish
custom driveshafts = £3-400ish
custom engine mounts = £DIY
cable linkage = £200ish
custom hydro clutch system = £???
different front springs = £80ish
Dyno session = £1K

etc etc etc

not cheap

Lionel Richie

oh and bigger injectors = £400
evo 8 fuel pump = £150
MRS turbo = £400+
Huge intercooler = £300ish
pipework = £300ish

etc etc

(but im getting a few bits at "mates rates")

im willing to pay around 4k including labour cause i dont think it will be worth it.

to malice

i havent started the conversion yet im lookin for a halved megane still,possibly from france i have the funds from my dad

does anyone also no how much my 1.4 ltr engine can be sold for

Lionel Richie

doubt youll do it for £4K mate

you have to understand the work envolved!!!! it isnt exactly a "straight swap"

plus the Meggy ECU is STUPIDLY complex (as with most new renaults) hence why im using a stand alone