ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225 inlet

C2 vts/172 ph1
Hi all :) just looking for some information has any ever fitted a megane 225 inlet manifold on a 172 cup and if so is it a straight fit or is there modification needed

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Why would you want to fit one? clio inlets are bigger!

has been discussed on here a few times for both NA & boosted clios, have a search.

youd either need to drill and tap the clio head to suit the inlets as it's a different bolt pattern or stick a megane head on and swap the internals...

C2 vts/172 ph1
Just to try do away with heat soak instead off the inlet going over the top off the engine, it would be to the front off the engine doing away with the heat soak

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It's not a straight swap I'm afraid. You need to drill and tap the cylinder head for some of the mounting bolts (1 I think off the top of my head) and if it's the same as a 197 inlet the ports in the manifold are higher up. You need to do some serious porting to make it work. By the time you've done that the inlets on the head will be huge. There's ways and means of overcoming the issue, but in all honesty you may as well buy and fit an rs2 inlet manifold. It'll cost you the same for the rs2 or the modifications.

I've adapted a 197 inlet on to a 172 head so trust me, it's not worth the hassle.