ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane - Can't close door, i'm stuck!

So my door now and again has had the issue that when i open from the inside and try to close the door it bounces back and doesn't lock into place and shut, to solve this all i did was lift the handle on the outside and close it and the door would then close fine.

Right now it has done it and none of it has worked, my door will not close no matter how many times i attempt to shut it, pull both handles and shut it. When i attempt closing the lock with a bar it hooks around and sticks but i can pull it back and it drops back down again. I try it on the working passenger door and it locks into place and stays in until the handle is lifted.

I'm unsure what to look at if i was to take off the door card, i'll happily replace whatever it possibly could be but right this minute i'm stuck with my door slightly open. Even if it closed just once i would be happy for now but i can't even do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ill upload some pictures tomorrow. No matter how many times i locked, unlocked used the handles it would not shut.

After quite a few attempts just standing there closing the door i finally managed to get it closed and will be using the passenger door until i can work out what the issue is and get some replacement parts.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You can normally manually operate the locking mech with a screw driver to close it up. IME if you get some decent lubricant and operate it manually enough, they free up on most cars. May be a different case on the megane though.

Thats pretty much what i was doing for a while last night. I could make it close but if i pulled it back it would just open back when it should lock into place when the handle is pulled (which is exactly what the passenger side does)

I'm not sure if it could be the door handles that maybe part of the issue. When it did this in the past it was only when i opened it from the inside. I would then pull the door handle on the outside so it opened and closed the handle and the door would then shut fine.

I did spray some lube in a few weeks ago when it first started, i would try it again now but so far i don't want to open the door incase i can't get it shut again.