ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane r26-r

MKIII 138
I guess the V6 is already proof that such a unique car still can't hold its value, all because its French.

not being funny, its not a ferrari or a expensive car at £27k but there were examples still selling for £18-£24k until last year and they are 4 years old ! to get a mint MKII V6 your still would be paying £15k on what is essencially a bad car. I think they have held there value, its just that the R26-R may not appear to be a special model as its the same shape and looks but just another renault hot version. people probably think there will be an R26-R-AR next or something.

197-R would be stonking, you dont need the big power its all about handling fun and to be fair the average mpg would rise if they shaved 100kg from the clio, also it would be the same weight as a 172 aswell !

197-R should really be a 205-RsR with LSD, recaro buckets, no back seats etc.. would be as quick as a standard R26 no problems and faster than any other corsa or mini variant

(sorry went a bit meggerman then lol ;) )

Renaultsport Clio 197
197R will not be made...
it's definite!
I read an interview with some boffins from Dieppe!

im sorry guys, but i wouldnt have the new Focus RS over this, imo the focus RS is a glorified ST and i wouldnt have one

end of.

R26-R in white with black wheels for me!

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
What no one has mentioned... Is this a last attempt to get rid of the meg shells left before the new model out?

well maybe yeh, but its fitted wth more kit than you can shake a stick at innit!

and less kit at the same time, like seats for example.

Anybody who buys this has more money than sense

?

the suspension on this car costs more than alot of cars alltogether!!

we're talking about a car that laps the ring in 8'17, most will be sold to enthusiasts, race tracks/corporate track days.

there is defo a place for the car

german
and less kit at the same time, like seats for example.

Anybody who buys this has more money than sense

?

the suspension on this car costs more than alot of cars alltogether!!

we're talking about a car that laps the ring in 8'17, most will be sold to enthusiasts, race tracks/corporate track days.

there is defo a place for the car

I was actually referring to the fact it's not got much more than an R26....

I was actually referring to the fact it's not got much more than an R26....

Yet has so much more...

Brings to mind the initial comments about the Clio Trophy, and all the arguments over the lack of extra power. Nobody hardly even noticed the suspension mods on the spec list.

I think you either 'get' cars like this or you don't. Me? I would sell my soul for one, love it.

RS RIP
i would like a go in one , first Megane i seem to start to maybe like :eek:

Her behined turns me off.. but i'm getting used to it

Last edited:
  Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Any ideas how much that Ti exhaust is to buy off the shelf from renault, bet the meg lot want one !

Mk2 Clio dci
somebody has ordered one of these at my work, should be here in a couple weeks. White, carbon bonnet, rollcage, zauhst, the tyres, everything!!
Should be quite nice, i'll get some pics!

The exhaust is £2650, but the roll cage and tyres are only £750!?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
somebody has ordered one of these at my work, should be here in a couple weeks. White, carbon bonnet, rollcage, zauhst, the tyres, everything!!
Should be quite nice, i'll get some pics!

The exhaust is £2650, but the roll cage and tyres are only £750!?

If it sounds anythink like the titanium exhaust fitted to the ktec throttle bodied clio, then it's money well spent!

The backwards font on the front bumper is nothing new, the BMW 2002 in 1973 had the word TURBO on its bumpers very large as if it say GET THE F))K OUT OF THE WAY lol BMW dropped it after a while, not very pc lol.

Shame.

R26.R is a nice car, fully specced though its expensive, and thats properly expensive to 95% of people, then again alot of people on this site regard themselves having an expensive car on credit as rich lol.

I'd also say I'd not have one over an RS focus either. The RS focus will be worth more money for a lot longer, the Ford RS badge actually adds value and holds alot more kudos than the renaultsport badge does for a lot of people. Not to mention the RS will be made. I'd never buy a car solely on a lap time albeit as impressive as it is; like the r26.r

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Liquid with black wheels for me. When it comes to my next car, I may go the billy no mates route and get one of them.