ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

megane splitter

Mk2 Clio
just got a megane splitter, it was attached to the megane by many staples, how do i put it on to my clio

will it need to be cut and how can you attach it

thanks

You get a nice bit of bubble gum, say hubba bubba, then spread it along the splitter, then push it up agianst the bumper, that'll hold it;)

Seriously, you need to raise the front end up a bit, get a mate to hold it against the car, get under the front bumper, mark out where you want to screw drill a small pilot hole to start off then go a touch bigger before screwing into it.
You will probably need about a dozen (or more) self tapping screws.
It will be a lot easier if there are two of you on it, rather than just you.

If it has to be cut, work out how much you need off while your mates holding it up to the car, cut from the middle, you'll need to clean up where you cut as when you put them together it'll look ugly otherwise.

Not really, you can have it done within an hour, you will need a mate to hold it though (or your ma or pa etc)

120d M Sport
When you cut it from the middle how do you put it back together then?

I must be an absolute numpty as I cant seem to get my head round this fitting Megane splitter malarky

I mite just think f**k it and hav a try one afternoon with my uncle

When you cut it, you shove it together & glue it, be sure to put a load of glue on the back of it too.
Or if you take it to a bodyshop you could get it plastic welded.

120d M Sport
Cheers Craig. Might just go with chopping the ends. Would I be drilling holes into the bumper or the splitter...or both? And what size self tapping screws are best. :D:D Much appreciated if u could help me with that

Line it up on the car, mark on the splitter where your going to drill (underneath it) drill through the splitter into the bumper, then go a bit bigger. To fit it on well you'll need about 12 or so screws, put them about 10 cm apart (or closer if your going for more screws)

Screw size, i'm not totaly sure not small ones though as they won't be up to it.