ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megs 220v polisher

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
Hi guys,

Where is the cheapest place to buy the above? Also the Impreza isn't plagued by bad swirling, so what's the best pad/polish combo to try first?

Cheers!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
P.S. Was going to buy straight from Meguiars(149.99), free delivery, also including #80 and #83, anything else needed? Don't think I'll get cheaper will I?

Cheers,
Paul

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
I take it your talking about buying an electrical mop, its not really the mop thats important its what head you use and tecnique keep it on the panel to long and dry the polish then it will create swirlies.I have tryed the meguiars heads and did not rate them that much, for removing swirlies i use a 3m head which is black and bobley and 3m machine polish with a microfibre cloth.

Mito Sportiva 135
I take it your talking about buying an electrical mop, its not really the mop thats important its what head you use and tecnique keep it on the panel to long and dry the polish then it will create swirlies.I have tryed the meguiars heads and did not rate them that much, for removing swirlies i use a 3m head which is black and bobley and 3m machine polish with a microfibre cloth.

Its not a standard bodyshop type mop, its the new Meguiars random orbital polisher, if its anything like the PC which it is based on should be pretty hard to create any damage whilst using it as long as you are careful.

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250

Its not a standard bodyshop type mop, its the new Meguiars random orbital polisher, if its anything like the PC which it is based on should be pretty hard to create any damage whilst using it as long as you are careful.

Rupes have been making these for a while, i did not get chance to use it for long but thought it was quite good although i could not see one cutting out harsh swirlies.

Mito Sportiva 135

Rupes have been making these for a while, i did not get chance to use it for long but thought it was quite good although i could not see one cutting out harsh swirlies.

Who are Rupes? PC and I am presuming the Megs polisher can get out bad swirls, just takes time really, a rotary is no doubt quicker but not really used on properly before, only on some old cars in the dealership that were screwed anyway so couldn't really make the paint any worse!

As I said in my original thread, my car isn't too bad!

I thought that until I started machine polishing it, you will be amazed the difference it can make.

i suppose this could be adapted for polishing?

http://www.rupestools.co.uk/index.php?i=67

No spins far too fast.

What have you been smoking lol below are the Porter cable 7424 Specifications

Power: 120 VAC, 50-60 HZ/120 VDC
Amps: 3.7
No Load Speed: Electronic variable speed 2,500-6,000
Spindle Thread: Accepts 5/16 - 24
Gear Drive: Spiral Bevel
Wheel Diameter: 6
Length: 11 1/2
Net Weight: 5 3/4
Shipping Weight: 6 1/4

Rupes one below

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Technical Specifications[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BR 61AE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Revs[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RPM[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3000 - 7000[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Power[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Watts[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]550[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kg[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Velcro 6-hole pad[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ø mm[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]150[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Orbit[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ø mm[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5[/FONT]

Very similar speeds really i think the orbit is possibly better on the PC though.