ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meguires Clay



  182 has now gone!
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=162381

I clayed my boyfriends black golf today, and I am amazed by the results.. this stuff is brilliant.. His paintwork looks as good as new and feels really smooth and for some reason the nastu scratch doesnt look as bad (someone kindly keyed the back wing!), I used about 1/2 a bottle of the detailer and it didnt take too long to do.. gave it a few coats of carnuba wax after and it looks lovely and shiney.. pat on the back for me!!!!
Going to do mine next!!!

Would post some pics but camera is on the blink!
 
  106 GTi
Glad it turned out well. You can use a car soap and water mix if you fancy saving the Quick Detailer.
 

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Rich said:
Glad it turned out well. You can use a car soap and water mix if you fancy saving the Quick Detailer.

That's what I did Rich first off. Never again. The next claying it gets will be with Quick Detailer alone. Mind you, the highly intelligent move from me to clay it in the sunshine, hardly helped. :dapprove:

D.
 
  Leon Cupra 300
i used it, great stuff. i were quite amazed the amount of s**t that you could see stuck to the clay itself.
 
  BMW E46 330i Touring
Darren S said:
That's what I did Rich first off. Never again. The next claying it gets will be with Quick Detailer alone. Mind you, the highly intelligent move from me to clay it in the sunshine, hardly helped. :dapprove:

D.

It'll be the sun that messed it up, not the shampoo and water mix... ;)
 
  106 GTi
Indeed, the soap and water mix is a hell of a lot slicker than using QD, and you can bollox loads more on and get the panel soaking wet, you would not be able to do that unless you like using litres of QD!
 
  106 GTi
Like I said before your loaded tho ;)

I have litres of it but can not bring myself to waste it!
 
  ST
Rich said:
Like I said before your loaded tho ;)

I have litres of it but can not bring myself to waste it!

I'm not loaded i'm just too lazy to make up some lube for claying..lol
 
  182 has now gone!
Rich said:
Glad it turned out well. You can use a car soap and water mix if you fancy saving the Quick Detailer.

doesnt it go streaky?? and do you have to wash the car again afterwards?? spose it works out cheaper than using QD.

Going to do my car today, I split the clay bar in two so there was enough to do mine!
 
  106 GTi
Oh yes if you dont want to rerinse and stick with the QD.

Time wise for me I notice no difference as I dont dry the car till after Calying doing it the soap and water way.

I wash the car, rinse, while the car is still wet, clay the panels, re rinse and dry. I bet Alan thinks I am just stingy with QD but I actually prefer and find it easy to do with the car really wet with water.

If I am pushed for time, I use Megs Last Touch Quick Detailer, which is cost effective at least for 3 litres for 16 quid.

I would split the Megs bar into 3 in future, gives enough to do 2 cars and a bit spare incase you drop it. Use the bit from yesterday on your glass and wheels before you chuck it.
 
  182 has now gone!
Rich said:
Oh yes if you dont want to rerinse and stick with the QD.

Time wise for me I notice no difference as I dont dry the car till after Calying doing it the soap and water way.

I wash the car, rinse, while the car is still wet, clay the panels, re rinse and dry. I bet Alan thinks I am just stingy with QD but I actually prefer and find it easy to do with the car really wet with water.

If I am pushed for time, I use Megs Last Touch Quick Detailer, which is cost effective at least for 3 litres for 16 quid.

I would split the Megs bar into 3 in future, gives enough to do 2 cars and a bit spare incase you drop it. Use the bit from yesterday on your glass and wheels before you chuck it.


Thanks Rich.. will give the soap and water a try today with mine, then I can hold onto the QD for a bit longer.. I held onto the old bit of clay to do my glass and wheels ;)
 
  106 GTi
Nice one - Get that camera sorted and take some pics!

Should really get mine ready for Trax but cant be botherd to get up.
 
  campus sport 1.2 16v
Not only that but have you noticed that when out driving in the rain , when you get back and the car dries off ,there still looks like there's a shine to the car? It's also a lot easier to remove grime and dust etc.
 

Ali

  V6, R500, Jeep SRT
lol. I'd love my bird to clay my car! haha

Clay's good, as Al tells me it's quite soft in comparision to other bars.
 
  182 has now gone!
I clayed my car today.. it looks nice and shiney and feels smooth.. the clay still looks very clean, not much muck on there at all.. I used it on my exhausts and it bought them up well!!!!

Think it was more noticable on my boyfriends car as his car is black.. mine is silver..
 


Top