ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

melting wires on exhaust manifold

535d / t5 caravelle
just noticed i have a handfull of wires which are very close to the exhaust manifold, they are in a plastic tubing to keep them together, but this has begun to melt, i reckon my wires are next to go, so what do i need to do folks, what can i wrap around them? and where can i get it from?

ps. cant move the wires away from the manifold as they are tight

cheers

535d / t5 caravelle
i did think of exhaust heat wrap, but i dont want to be pissing about with the manifold, suppose i could try that on the wires

any more ideas?

wrap cables in baking foil and zip tie in place. This will reflect 80% of the heat away and its seriously cheap lol!

Foil is a reflector where as if you use heatwrap they will probably get just as warm and then stay warm for longer as its an insulator.

Lionel Richie
you on about the cables to the starter motor? (172/182 i assume)

there's supposed to be a metal heatshield over them!

535d / t5 caravelle
wrap cables in baking foil and zip tie in place. This will reflect 80% of the heat away and its seriously cheap lol!

Foil is a reflector where as if you use heatwrap they will probably get just as warm and then stay warm for longer as its an insulator.

done it lol, for tempory measures :)

535d / t5 caravelle
you on about the cables to the starter motor? (172/182 i assume)

there's supposed to be a metal heatshield over them!

its on my 205 mi16, just thought i'd post on here as theres s**t loads of people on here

Renault clio S 1.4
If you have time, cutb the wires, re-route and lengthen them, they seem to be tight on wires on the old 205's.