ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Merc SL350 Detail

133/225/CLS AMG
Well it was only right that I give the other half's newly acquired SL350 a proper going over. It's in good condition but needed to look better.

Incidentally this was the first time I've used my DA in anger and actually polished a car's bodywork in it's entirety. Process went as follows.

Pre-washed with Valet Pro Citrus Pre-Wash.
Cleaned with microfibre wash mitts and Dodo Juice Born to be Mild
Rinsed
Clayed using Meguiars clay
Washed again

Now then I moved onto polishing. I did some homework and had a good chat with a detailing friend who recommended Menzerna Medium Cut & Polish 2500 and Lake Country heavy cut pad. I wasn't aiming to fully correct the car but remove a number of marks and get a nice finish ready for protection - Collinite 845.

I didn't do any before pics but here's how she's now looking. Very pleased with the results. :thumb:

DSCF3176_zpshxcvjtaj.jpg

DSCF3180_zpsbcmdxfnj.jpg

DSCF3182_zpslfbku8ji.jpg

DSCF3177_zpsetvgcoiu.jpg

DSCF3193_zpsqbxid9hi.jpg

DSCF3200_zpsnvuvtzys.jpg

DSCF3194_zpsfogn9nib.jpg

DSCF3195_zps16wx81mh.jpg

It's a pretty car so only fair to get a few shots with the roof down.

DSCF3203_zpsf0srcpjj.jpg

DSCF3206_zpshhfc6pt8.jpg

CLSampSL_zpsyzba50xh.jpg

It can now show up the CLS in terms of cleanliness...well not really but looks good.

133/225/CLS AMG
I do like the sl350 looks mint

It's got a few little blemishes but it's 10 years old so what can you expect. Only had it a week (well the other half has) so plenty to still do and a couple of bits of paint to be done but essentially it's a good'un. Shines up nicely. :)