ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal Door Pins

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I took the door cards out yesterday to put some soundproofing in. When Id finished I had a look at the door pins to see how easy it would be to change them for metal ones. It seems you would have to cut the old ones off to fit the new ones.

Anyone here tried this??

Cheers

Rick

You need to get a decent junior hacksaw blade, wrap the end in tape and saw off the old pins as close the base of them as possible.

Of course I am not speaking from experience as every time I try to remove my door cards I bottle it coz I dont want to snap the clips.

After you remove all the screws do they just pull off?

Is there a good method for doing this?

Cheers

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Is yours a mk1 clio?

On mine you have to release the popper fastenings on the door, I think there are 6 in total, then theres sh*tloads of sealant between the metal of the door and the card itself. Youve got to be quite forceful to get the card away from the door (it does feel like your about to snap it sometimes!) and then lift it up so that it comes out at the top.

It tells you how to do it in the Haynes manual (they always make it look easier than it is!!!!!), its just a case of going for.

I used a proper forked tool to get the poppers off but a big flat headed screw driver should do the same job.

cheers

Rick