ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal Polish

White Sti Hatch
The back box on the Ek9 is looking a bit poorly atm so wanting to get the shine back anyone recommend me a product ??

BMW E92/Audi S3
Autoglym metal polish is really good stuff. Shocked the hell out of me anyway..
My charge pipe was a dull grey metal.. Some of the AG Metal polish and a scouring pad = Almost chrome!

White Sti Hatch
That stuff good working by hand though as i dont have none of your fancy air sanders lol !

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Autosol and a bit of scotchbrite will clean it up and make it bling.

Then some megs/autoglym metal polish to remove scratches and make it mirror like. Thats what I used on my engine.

Honda & VW
Another thumbs up for Autosol from me, great stuff. just make sure you've also got a good size pot of elbow grease to get an amazing finish.

Tappd'd RS
I've used both Autosol and AutoGlym quite a bit.

Found AutoGlyn to be best the Scoob and the pipes were needing some effort!

ST
I've used both Autosol and AutoGlym quite a bit.

Found AutoGlyn to be best the Scoob and the pipes were needing some effort!

That's Kev's brer IIRC..

But srsly..

Autosol works rather well..i've even used it on a polishing pad at speed six on the porter cable, happy times..

White Sti Hatch
Cheers for the advise got the Autosol from Halfrauds only to be told by my dad he could have got me it for f**k all from his work lol !!

Ne way did the tip the other night worked a treat !

Megane R26
Autosol is okay for removing crap that's been there a while, but I'm not keen myself.

You should consider sealing the exhausts after you have finished. Look at the Britemax twins from I4D... ;)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
autosol FTW when i cleaned my mates MR2, he's got a fancy back box on it and it was rank and covered with loads of cack n "carboned up" pipes and his back box looked brand new