ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metering settings...whats peoples preference.

B

Brown.

I personally leave it on partial which is about 10% centre of the view finder for any of those rush for the camera no time to set up mainly so the fore ground dosnt black out.......

obviously with digital there are a few areas that need setting up, iso, shutter speed, apature, which take time......what are peoples quick fire settings ?

so mine are:

(Canon)
400iso
Partial Meetering
apature priority
Large JPEG
-2/3 EV
Continuos focus (alservo)
cloudy white balance
5fps (choice of 1shot, 5fps,6.5fps)
single point focus dead centre

LY 182 FF CUPPED
sekonic light meter/ grey card/tri balance card for me.......never trust the cameras meter/screen system.

Always use your Histogram!!!....always

if I am shooting quick I will ease towards under exposing.

Standard when just walking around for me would be...

- Centre Weighted Metering, then you get the option of how wide you want it on the D90, I go with 8mm as that covers a slightly larger area than standard.

- Dynamic Area AF (choose a point, but if the subject moves slightly outside of it, the camera will still pick it up) with the Central Focus Point expanded wider than the default setting

- AF-Auto for day to day shooting as it's never made a mistake, full-time AF-C ('AI Servo') for Motorsport

- Aperture Priority

- Auto White Balance

- ISO200

Other than that I'm 100% lazy, never look at the histogram, adjust the EV, mess with Braketing or doing anything remotely technical.