ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Michelin PE2

1.2 Dynamique 16v
I'm going to have to buy two Michelin PE2's soon for my fronts. Where is the best place to buy?

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Ive been told they have been superceeded by Pilot Sport 3. They are apparently hard to get hold of.. Can anyone back this up?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
They have recently disappered from the camskill website, I'd try contacting them as they were the cheapest place I could find when I bought some

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They've been discontinued so all you'll find now is old stock.

I've gone for four Pilot Sport 3's. Great tyres! If they're good enough for Porsche GT3's...

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Please excuse me for the suggestion. I wanted to stick with PE2s or go for PS3s myself. After a little read up, I thought, like others, that I'd give the V12s a try. And so far in my opinion they are as good as PE2s. But you could forgive them even if they weren't quite as good, given the much better price tag.

Plenty would back this up. Plenty would also shoot it down in flames.

Go figure.

Lionel Richie
Ahh, the new CS Wonder Tyre. I'll pass.

remind me? £450 on PS3's you paid? scrubbing on the front arches ripping bits off the tyres? and yor car is too low to handle properly (i drove it 2miles and gave up, i'm old these days you see)

your argument is void

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
remind me? £450 on PS3's you paid? scrubbing on the front arches ripping bits off the tyres? and yor car is too low to handle properly (i drove it 2miles and gave up, i'm old these days you see)

your argument is void

I can live with you thinking that.

E46 320CD
The PS2 and the PS3 are both good tyres, but there are other premium brands that are cheaper and equal if not better in performance.

I have comparisons in front of me now from TUV testing that backs this up :D

From the testing results i see at work it's often clear the V12 is a mid range tyre, But my opinion is Hankook are getting better all the time and in the future will be classed as a premium tyre, as soon as this happens then the price's won't be as keen as they are at present.

Looking for 182
I recently had two V12s fitted for £130 (on the front) and so far I am very happy with them. My PE2s performed right up until I changed them over, they were very good tyres, but in all honesty I can't really tell the difference so far (comparing PE2s new and V12s new). Therefore for the sake of a LARGE saving, I'm sticking with V12s from now on.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
TYInferno- I meant to ask you about the Hankooks the other day. I'm thinking of running a set ofver summer and saving whats left of the Michelins for the winter.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
OK.. I'll have a look into the Hankooks then.

My rear tyres are in really good condition (PE2), is there a problem with putting two good quality tyres on the front whilst keeping the good condition PE2 on the back? Bit of a pain in the arse that they have been discontinued tbh.

The guy my family usually gets tyres off, gave me some alternative suggestions. Avon ZZ3 or Bridgestone ER300.. Any comments?

1.2 Dynamique 16v
got a puncture today which couldnt be repaired. forcing me to get new tyres.. ideas? hankooks, continentals, michelins or pirellis? Need to purchase some very soon, wearing a steelie atm!

Or toyo T1R proxes..

iv got T1R's onj the front of my cup at the minute.. the thing i dont like about them is the soft sidewall but other than that theyr'e not bad for the money and in this warmer weather they stick rather well

1.2 Dynamique 16v
They are meant to be s**te mate, stick with Michelins if you can afford, best tyres I have used TBH

OK cheers mate I'll stay well away. I just don't want to pay out 125-145 per tyre on Michelin PS3's if I can get something of similar quality for less monies.

iv got T1R's onj the front of my cup at the minute.. the thing i dont like about them is the soft sidewall but other than that theyr'e not bad for the money and in this warmer weather they stick rather well

Don't like the sound of a soft sidewall lol maybe not then.. thanks mate

Pirelli P zero nero ?

I've looked into these, I'm not sure whether to consider.. I've heard they wear quite easily??

Seat Ibiza
They are meant to be shite mate, stick with Michelins if you can afford, best tyres I have used TBH
i have toyos on mine, they seem alright but not too grippy in the wet, makes the car want to understeer a little!! but then they were on the car when i got it, always buy the best you can afford thou like Matt says!!

V12's or PS3's if you can't get hold of the PE2's.

In reference to running front's and rears different I don't see a problem. Its when you start having different tyres per axel. I've still got some T1-R's on the rear which have got 5mm of tread left on them, and are nearly two years old. I'm not a huge fan of the T1-R either. If I was to replace them I'd get PE2 (as you can still get them in 15" from old stock), or PS3's if I couldn't get them.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
V12's or PS3's if you can't get hold of the PE2's.

In reference to running front's and rears different I don't see a problem. Its when you start having different tyres per axel. I've still got some T1-R's on the rear which have got 5mm of tread left on them, and are nearly two years old. I'm not a huge fan of the T1-R either. If I was to replace them I'd get PE2 (as you can still get them in 15" from old stock), or PS3's if I couldn't get them.

I've tried a couple of places for PE2's.. no such luck though. & I don't really want to fork out the money for the PS3's.

I've spent some time looking through tyrereviews.co.uk and listened to the feedback on here.. I'm thinking the Hankook V12's or Uniroyal RS2's are probably the best bet? They seem to be regarded as good tyres. Although I haven't heard much about Pirelli Zero Nero.

I'm kind of thinking of replacing all the tyres and putting one of the good PE2s off the back on my spare, just because I don't really want two makes on the car.. I don't know why but it would really bug me - I swear I've got OCD or something.

Honda ATR
Bridgestone ER300, have these on mine and tbh they seem pretty good. Not driven on PE2's for a long time so couldnt compare between the two.

When I change next month I'll probably go with PE2's again.

If you can afford them PS3 s

and when it comes to tyres, buy the best you can afford. It does annoy me when, people spend ££££ on mods, then cant afford tyres.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
If you can afford them PS3 s

and when it comes to tyres, buy the best you can afford. It does annoy me when, people spend ££££ on mods, then cant afford tyres.

I can afford to replace the front tyres for PS3's. The only thing is, it would annoy me to have two different tyre types on my car and I don't want to spend much over £300 (to replace all four corners with PS3's it gets rather expensive). Although maybe I should just get over it and just replace the fronts only.

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Decided to go for two Michelin PS3's to replace the front two farped PE2's.

Good idea to put the PS3's on the back, and move the existing good PE2's to the front?

LY 182
I'd be interested in buying your 2 PE2's off you if you wanted PS3's all round. (If the PE2's have decent tread of course)

1.2 Dynamique 16v
New PS3's being put on as we speak :cool:

I'll ask the guy how much tread is left on the PE2's, and ask what kind of mileage he would expect them to last and come back to you on that mate.

Glad I went for the PS3's tbh.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I know its late now, but on my old 172 wheels I had t1r's on the front and rainsports on the rear. I switched them to compare and was very impressed with the rainsports once they'd bedded in. T1rs were good in dry as said above but awful in wet.

200 FF Storm Grey
Always best to put your best tyres on the back, last thing you want is your back tyres loosing grip when you don't expect it! At least on the front you have a better feel of what's happening.

I'm a bugger for wanting things as they were intended so bit of a sh1tter to hear the PE2's are being discontinued, seeing as the PE2's were so called designed for the Clio 182 is it now time to move onto a different tyre? As going for a PE3 would deafeat the object of trying to keep things standard I suppose?