ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 vs PE2

Hello

im on the prowl for some new front tyres and currently have Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 fitted all round, now ive had a look and it seems that mich dont do the PE2 anymore and only the exalto 2. Are they the same tyre? they look the same to me!

cheers

GP

tiTTy & SV650
Yes its the same thing, I don't think anyone sells them as PE2's it's just a term that has been made up on CS like Full Fat :rasp:

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
well i bought some new michelin pilot exalto's yesterday and indeed on the tyre it does actually say PE2 in a box underneath where it says exalto :p

therefore PE2's!!

lol

well there coming from Etyres for a mere 60 quid fully fitted, and as im a lazy ass there coming to my workplace to do it

result!

GP

M2 Competition
Pilot (P) Exalto (E) 2 (2) :rasp:

The only silly question is the one you dont ask though! Its good having 15" wheels eh, so much cheaper!

tiTTy & SV650
well i bought some new michelin pilot exalto's yesterday and indeed on the tyre it does actually say PE2 in a box underneath where it says exalto :p

therefore PE2's!!

Lol fair enough, I had 14" Exalto Sports on my 1.6 GTI, I have 190 50 15 PE2's on my 1.9 gti and sadly have Pirellis on my 172 until they need replaced. Never had anything other than PE2's on my 182.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
rory182 - just a quick pic to prove it!

SDC10089.jpg

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Toyo proxes T1-R's are a good tyre for the clio. I've got them on mine and they wear quite well on the road but the fronts are a bit worn on outside edge after several track days. plenty of tread left across the main tread though. Clios are very heavy on tyre edges on track though no matter which tyre you fit. Mich pilots aren't very good in my opnion. I had them on my car when I bought it and they had gone off,the noise from them was horrendous.

tiTTy & SV650
The PE2 was launched in 2004 I think at the same time as the 182, and I believe there was was a PE before it.

Totally disagree about the PE2 being "not very good" I have done about 100,000 miles on them and they're great for me in dry, wet & in wear.

M2 Competition
Toyo proxes T1-R's are a good tyre for the clio. I've got them on mine and they wear quite well on the road but the fronts are a bit worn on outside edge after several track days. plenty of tread left across the main tread though. Clios are very heavy on tyre edges on track though no matter which tyre you fit. Mich pilots aren't very good in my opnion. I had them on my car when I bought it and they had gone off,the noise from them was horrendous.

Having tried a few sets of both, the only thing the t1r's are better at is price.

Pe2's are a better tyre in every other way.