ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

micronet jokerooms......... steer clear

If anybody is thinking of buying from these jokers dont bother , Ive had nothing but trouble with them from day one.Promised me a brand new 172 in two weeks , handed over my deposit and guess what , still waiting for the car after two months .There customer service is a joke.Steer clear !

Cheers

one pi55ed off customer !

Just goit word from Micronet that they now want me to pay for the car before I have inspected it . Orginally they told me I would be paying by bankers draft on car pick . Anyone any ideas how to get round this ? I dont fancy shelling out 12 grand and end up not getting a car !!!

cheers

lad25

7.6cc :D

If you *have* to give them the money first, make them sign a letter stating that unless the car is in perfect condition and has to arrive by a certain date, they have to refund the full amount.

surley you can still ask for your deposit back & tell them to foxtrot ?? after all they have already broken their promise of a car within 2 weeks !!!

id go elsewhere

yeah was thinking about that but in their terms and conditions they have a 300 squid cancellation fee built in . I did pay by credit card so I dont know how that would stand .The letter is a good idea but what if the firm goes belly up in the time between me paying for the car and actually receiving the car ....................

cheers

lad25

7.6cc :D

Just say no.

They cant keep your deposit because you havent cancelled the car, just refusing the pay for it up front.

Tell them they should have told you this at the beginning.

If you havent paid too much of a deposit, pull out. No reputable car dealer/broker imposes terms like that. They sound like a bunch of cowboys on the con.

For the sake of 300 quid they would be daft to chase you.

+ 12 Grand buys you an import from Motorpoint in Derby or Burnley, plenty of guys on here have delt with them and not had problems. + they have 172s in stock so you can pick your car.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Be carefull, I did a website design job for a guy that lost 6 grand, cause the company went under. He never got the money back.

Luckily 6 grand was only the deposit, its a good thing he didnt put the whole lot down. Cant remember what car it was but it was expensive one.

Dont pay anything for the car until you see it/collect it. Id be vary wary about dealing with them, a friend of mine lost sh*t loads of money (cant remember the exact amount) when an importer went bust before delivery, sounds a similar situation to yours.

yeah the more I think abiut it the more I dont like it , probably better just to walk away ............ my poor car though!

cheers

lad25

surley if they promised you a car within 2 weeks & havent delivered.......id say theyve broken their side of the contract already......you therefore have every right to declare it null & void !

even if it takes you 6 months to argue the toss & get your deposit back then im sure youll save more by going elsewhere.....at the moment theres companys trippin over eachother trying to offer the best deals on new cars

& what with the new clio on its way....all old phase clios will drop in price......youll pick up a bargain!

spoke to the firm and they have finally agreed to let me pay at car pick up which Ive been told will be next saturday , lets just wait and see ..............

cheers

lad25

If for any reason you dont get or want the car by Sat, then ring your credit card company and they will retrieve your 300 quid.

I don’t know where you are but there’s an importer near me with a new black 172 in stock, I’m sure he’s not the only one in the UK to have one, shop around.

A well built VW

If you paid the deposit by credit card speak to them as usually there is something called a chargeback that they can do if the goods you order are not delivered within a set timescale but each varies give them a call