ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft Office 2010 standard for business

Rav4
Hi,

I normally purchase my MS licensing via an excellent reseller on volume licensing,

Cost for x 1 2010 standard license is around £298 + VAT

Why should I buy that when I can get this for £154 ? (boxed product purchased from amazon)

Thanks,

G.

Rav4
actually ours is 021-09744 OfficeStd 2010 SNGL MVL Each Non-Specific 2010 Standard £227.62

Yap, that's office standard, it comes with publisher (not many people use it) and business contact manager add on in outlook (crm stuff) nevertheless, that is actually a good price, who is your reseller?

Thanks,

G.

(just works out so much cheaper, if you don't have those requirements, to purchase it retail, sadly.)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Bah, got it through software assurance.. but licensing in 2010 is a pain, either go down the MAK or KMS route.. I chose the KMS as I prefer to keep things "in house" as much as possible.

Yap, that's office standard, it comes with publisher (not many people use it) and business contact manager add on in outlook (crm stuff) nevertheless, that is actually a good price, who is your reseller?

Thanks,

G.

(just works out so much cheaper, if you don't have those requirements, to purchase it retail, sadly.)

thats dell we dont use bcm or publisher so its a kicker for us but it a group thing we need teh points

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
KMS = Key Management Service

Basically, a server you run validates client installations of Office 2010, this must be done at least once every 180 days.

MAK = Multiple Activation Key
Activation is done through MS using the internet or phone. You have a pre-set number of activations available unlike KMS where old systems no longer in use fall out of licensing after 180 days and new systems can be activated.

Ok, it's more complicated than that but that's the jist.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lol, love licensing.

The one you linked gabi is only for pre-loaded pcs, kind of like oem, so wIll not be transferable and won't be manageable by a kms server etc.

The license you have quoted, is that with sa? If so it's no comparison.

You either license this stuff properly or get embarrassed when ms come knocking for an audit.

Do not piss about with licensing, just do it properly. If we aren't the reseller proving you with the price then ask us, if we are then ask us why you should buy that one and not another license scheme. There's lots to choose from, and you can't compare your price to the select price mcbunny quoted, select is for the bigger boys, bigger discounts and might not be with sa etc.

I'm sure I was told the other day that select licensing is being discontinued soon.

This is like the people who laugh at a £1000+ cost for a disk for a San when they say you can buy a terabyte disk down pc world for £50............

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
As above, I'm always bugging Hannah with license stuff, get our monies worth :p

I know our office installs are covered in our EA, we've got the desktop pro product which covers windows, office pro plus some cals, all for approx £250.

Licensing is fun :)