ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft Office Update - Now unable to open Apps.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Morning all,

Anyone fire up their PC today to find this?

Office-Aids1.jpg

Followed by...

Office-Aids2.jpg

It happens when I try to open any office applications. On startup I was told I needed to finish up setting up my device as well (as if I did a fresh install), so I assume it was a large update?

I've so far tried:

- Running any Office App as Admin
- Running the windows app "Repair" on Microsoft Office

Any solutions welcomed!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Typical, just as I post I find the solution. But in case anyone else is wondering.

Go to "Programs and Features"

Screenshot 2020-11-23 091919.jpg

Find that app, click change, then Quick Repair!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried running sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt?

If you have open Registry Editor then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Windows and then have a look if LoadAppInit_DLLs has a 1 or a 0 there. If it's 1 then change it to 0

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Lol, I thought you tried repair? Time waster! ;)
I used the Windows version of Repair in the "Apps & Features" Window.

This is a repair in the "Programs and features" Window

For some reason, both Repair options are different. One runs one that lasts 1 second, the other opens an office 365 window and takes a minute or two (Which then worked!)

CLEAR AS MUD.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Ah I sure don't miss working on windows hateful os.

Sorry that's not much help can you use the online versions until it starts working?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I used the Windows version of Repair in the "Apps & Features" Window.

This is a repair in the "Programs and features" Window

For some reason, both Repair options are different. One runs one that lasts 1 second, the other opens an office 365 window and takes a minute or two (Which then worked!)

CLEAR AS MUD.
Cos Windows

If only all game launchers worked on Ubuntu...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Ah I sure don't miss working on windows hateful os.

Sorry that's not much help can you use the online versions until it starts working?
It's hard to believe just what a s**t-show the Microsoft Store app is. You can't see items installed. Then there's 35 apps waiting to be updated. Then they try to flog you stuff that's years out of date and way overpriced. And they are still pushing Candy Crush?! So, so poor.

And now O365 gremlins start to creep in. I can apparently create an OLAP cube via Excel that updates via inbuilt macros to land a database on Mars via Outlook - yet the most simple of functions are buried deep within parent menus that don't even relate to what you're trying to do.

The point at which I realised that the Office dev team were scratching their heads with "WTF do we do now?" - was when they added local weather to the Outlook Calendar. About as relevant as picking a hire car based on the fragrance of the Magic Tree swinging from the interior mirror.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It's hard to believe just what a s**t-show the Microsoft Store app is. You can't see items installed. Then there's 35 apps waiting to be updated. Then they try to flog you stuff that's years out of date and way overpriced. And they are still pushing Candy Crush?! So, so poor.

And now O365 gremlins start to creep in. I can apparently create an OLAP cube via Excel that updates via inbuilt macros to land a database on Mars via Outlook - yet the most simple of functions are buried deep within parent menus that don't even relate to what you're trying to do.

The point at which I realised that the Office dev team were scratching their heads with "WTF do we do now?" - was when they added local weather to the Outlook Calendar. About as relevant as picking a hire car based on the fragrance of the Magic Tree swinging from the interior mirror.

What makes me laugh is use anything Microsoft on an Apple product it works fine, soon as you try using it on windows it throws an error.

Tried to use teams on a laptop this morning and it just throws an error, but on the imac/iphone no problem.