ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft Server 2008 Enterprise

Revels Mum & Sister
Just had the latest MS partner shizzle drop on my desk complete with Server 2008

Has anyone tried this yet? Might give it a go internally!

Just had the latest MS partner shizzle drop on my desk complete with Server 2008

Has anyone tried this yet? Might give it a go internally!

Not really, but from reading loads of stuff, it seems MS are starting to get the idea really.. on how to make a server OS :)

Some good stuff in there.

Revels Mum & Sister
Will give it a wee bash. Doesnt matter if I f**k things up here

Although I just sorted out Blackberry Enteprise Server here LOL. So that server can stay as it is.

I didnt even realise that it was due out anytime (Ish) soon.

dk

911 GTS Cab
this is longhorn isn't it, was supposed to be released in 2007 but is pushed back to 2008 to the best of my knowledge.

*edit, just checked its Spring 08

Rav4
Issues at hand, supposed to be installing this within the next couple of days.

Some excellent features.

182 w/busted splitter :-(
This is the (previously known as) Longhorn Server.

I've been running the 'BETA' versions for a few months, and we've got the latest image testing in a VM and on a test box at present. Looks much more capable than 2003, although you need something of a beast of a machine to run it on!

182 w/busted splitter :-(
New versions of IIS and all the other favourites, but the most intriguing thing is they've built-in "virtualisation" technology (think Virtual Server) allowing the concurrent hosting of multiple operating systems (including linux, interestingly) on the server.

They'te also planning on beefing-up security (as always) and there will be a simultaneous release of the new 2008 versions of SQL Server and Visual Studio too.

dk

911 GTS Cab
New versions of IIS and all the other favourites, but the most intriguing thing is they've built-in "virtualisation" technology (think Virtual Server) allowing the concurrent hosting of multiple operating systems (including linux, interestingly) on the server.

They'te also planning on beefing-up security (as always) and there will be a simultaneous release of the new 2008 versions of SQL Server and Visual Studio too.
weeeellllll, they were intending to build in proper virtualisation technology into it but as far as I am aware, thats pretty much been canned now and a very cut down version will be present, then there is something due out like 6 months afterwards 'MS Veridian' that will be the proper virtualisation product.