ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

microswitch under drivers seat 200

clio 3 rs 200
hi,ive had an intermittent prob with the airbag warning light coming on every now and then,i generally wiggle the wires under the seat and its sorted..for a bit..anyway i had a look under yesterday and theres a micro switch on the seat rail with a wire broken off,ive pulled it off and im gonna solder the wires back on today..whats this switch for..anyone know..?,im prob gonna have to solder the wires together on the plug thats under there as well because i suspect that is the main problem,i tried starting the car with he wires to the micro switch twisted together and the airbag warning light still came on.
cheers cliff..

clio 3 rs 200
i managed to solder wires back onto the switch and the airbag lights off now,but like i said before just twisting the wires together dosent work..maybe theres a resistor in the switch to stop peeps from turning the airbag off/lowering force/whatever the switch actually does,either way its fixed now,just thought i would post it on here for future searches.

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
I think the micro switch is there so that if you sit really close to the wheel (like most women let's face it) then the airbag doesn't deploy with 100% force.