ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miscellaneous micro switch under drivers seat.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Can anyone identify where this micro switch lives? It was just hanging off under the seat and looks like it’s got broken tabs. It’s part of the seatbelt/airbag wiring look by the looks of things.

IMG_1200.jpeg

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That’s the driver’s seat position switch, it tells the airbag ECU when the seat is in the correct position (non-tilted - i.e. letting someone in the back).

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Thanks for that. Do you where on the seat it is situated I presume runner? Also should the airbag light illuminate? It doesn’t by the way.

Last edited:

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks for that. Do you where on the seat it is situated I presume runner? Also should the airbag light illuminate? It doesn’t by the way.
It’s been a few years since I removed my OEM seats, but yeah i’m sure it mounts into the runner.

I think the airbag light only illuminates if the switch is disconnected from the loom itself; I had to leave the switch wired in-place when I fitted my bucket seats or the airbag light wouldn’t go out.