ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid-life crisis help needed

Should I buy a Mk1 valver?

• Yes - what else would you possibly spend your adult money on apart from a rusty sh*tbox Clio

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • No - just buy a Porsche or something like very other boring mid-lifer

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Other - I don't like either option and I'm going to comment something witty instead

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

TomROW

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
I had a Clio 172 when I was 23-26, then a Mk5 Golf GTI 26-29……I turn 40 this year so did the sensible thing and bought a Mk5 R32 and a 182 🤷🏼‍♂️

Everything is half price or less for the Clio vs Golf, which is making the Clio project more fun, and eBay hunting is much less guilty.

Also I went to to see a lot of Golfs and Clios and the Clios were less rusty overall! I find apart from sills the shells aren’t too bad, it’s the gearboxes, interiors, exhausts, bushes, electrics, radiators, bodywork and interior trim that are the problem 😂

RIP Naples Valver
I had a Clio 172 when I was 23-26, then a Mk5 Golf GTI 26-29……I turn 40 this year so did the sensible thing and bought a Mk5 R32 and a 182 🤷🏼‍♂️

Everything is half price or less for the Clio vs Golf, which is making the Clio project more fun, and eBay hunting is much less guilty.

Also I went to to see a lot of Golfs and Clios and the Clios were less rusty overall! I find apart from sills the shells aren’t too bad, it’s the gearboxes, interiors, exhausts, bushes, electrics, radiators, bodywork and interior trim that are the problem 😂
Haha at least we expect the Clio's to be s**t, our expectations of a Golf would be higher. 🤣 I had a Mk7 Golf GTI for a while, fun car. So good choice on the R32 tbh. 👌

Rs200t lux
Fcuk Clio’s
My rs200t done 60 miles last year
But my Ktm 1290 superduke evo came out a lot
Nothing like hanging on at 180 to sort a mid life crisis