ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mid price range front disks (grooved)???

clio 182
Why stay away from grooved?

Because they're noisy under braking and not necessary for road use. I'm new ish to Renaults but in 10 years of track, race and fast road experience I've found genuine OEM parts to be the best option. Of course this is just my opinion and I'm sure others will say different as we all have different experiences with after market parts some times good some times bad. Deffinately up rate your pads though, make sure your brake fluid is in good condition and replace it with good quality fluid when needed.

182cup & 172 racecar
Stay away from drilled as most of them crack and fall to bits,if you must go for grooved,make sure the grooves go all the way to the outer edges of the discs,not like some I've seen.

I've got Brembo Max - I wouldn't get them again because they are so annoying on a day-to-day basis. They make an annoying noise and feel weird under braking, almost as if there is a problem with the brakes. It's possible that there are other grooved discs out there that are less irritating, but I think I'll get plain cut (i.e. no grooves) next time. I will add though that I am an old git and they may not irritate you as much as they have me.