ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mild track work - Oil cooler needed?

Focus RS Mk1
Hi all, my car will be doing some more track days soon, generally half day sessions, or evenings, perhaps one session every 6 weeks. Is it worth me splashing out on an oil cooler for the 172 (with ITB's).

No oil temp gauge in the clio either so maybe a good oportunity to fit one of those at the same time.

Anyone run one, eg. a mocal setup?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
We fitted one to our track car, but we also ran it with out for a couple of track days never really had any issues.

We still dont have a oil temp gauge in our car.

Depends on the expense really. If you can pick one up cheap why not, but if its going to cost you a arm and a leg for parts then you have to pay some one to fit it i wouldnt bother.

We always do full day at track and aslong as you do 20 minute sessions you wont have a problem, its when you get carried away and start doing 40 minute sessions things get real hot.

ph1-mk1-1.4, white
If there are 5 of you or more interested, i will organize another group buy of my oil cooler kits. should be around £150 DELIVERED for the complete kit, ss hoses, cooler, sandwich plate and thermostat.

Let me know!

ValverInBits
Yes. Yes I would. Just take a look at what happened to whiteley.
As danny says, thermostatic sandwich plates or normal in line stats are essential

clio 200 F4Rt
Andy sorted me one out a while back.

a worthy bit of kit to add.

plus with thermostatic plate, it will work when need be, so its fit and forget!