ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mileage Clock Issues

BMW 320ci
I'm getting some new sport dials soon as my sport dials are playing up abit, when I got these fitted before the garage told me I can get my mileage put on them but they didn't tell me where, just wondering if it's something I can do myself with the right bits or where can I take it? I know someone will say "it's called clocking it's illegal" but I researched on the net and aslong as you tell the new owner it's fine, plus I'm getting more miles put on the dials so that all my services and MOTs work out.

Cheers in advance

I would hope it's not that easy. At the very least I'd hope only Renault dealers could do it.

I can see why you'd want the mileage corrected - easier in the future when it comes to selling. But it's not the end of the world if it can't be done. The same happened to my sister - she had new dials fitted to her mk1 Clio so the odometer reading was never true after that. As long as you've got the paperwork to proove what the mileage was on the old ones and the new ones at the point of them being changed, keep track of when work needs doing on the car, and be honest about the true mileage when it comes time to sell - it shouldn't matter.

Although I would be interested to know if it is possible.

Da

Less
Mileage correction I believe it's called.
Loads of companies offer this service, google should help :)

BMW 320ci
Yeah I found them sites earlier, weren't too sure weather to trust them though. Yeah mate it is quite easy, they done it on watchdog the other day the bloke done it in about 2mins, just plug a laptop with the software into your car and edit the mileage. Them sites are bit more than I want to pay so will probably just get sport clocks closer to my mileage off ebay.

Cheers for your help anyways :)