ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

miles to the gallon 1.2 16vs

how many miles to the gallon do you lot get?

im getting about 35 and i dont feel like im particularlly ripping it. Does that not seem abit low?

these trips in and out of uni each day are fair chewing up the petrol!

Thats OK Traffic driving eats the petrol ! As youll be sat there hardly moving but still using petrol ! I get crap MPG in my valver but thats coz i RIDE HER HARD ;) !!

35 would sound about right if your doing short journeys or driving it reasonably hard.

My Dci does ~55 but its diesel so it should do about 50% more so 35 is fine.

Jeramy Clarkson said once that a car will do its urban fuel consumption with most drivers at the wheel regardless of where its driven and may get the combined on a longer drive. Since the 1.2 is rated at 35mpg getting 35 is fine. If you want to save money get the bus.

EDD

Mk2 Golf GTI

i bin gettin around that, although comin back from west brom last nite i got around 40 on the M6

Renault Laguna Sports

Im getting a pretty constant 44 mpg, thats round town and motorway runs. Done a trip to Cardiff and back on saturday [300 miles ] average mpg was 46.2!!

1.2 8v.. slightly diff.. 36ish.. average.. can squeeze 46 at a push and never pputting foot more than halfway down.

My 1.2 16V seems to drink petrol, but then Im prob a bit heavy on the right pedal!! I tend to do a full tank going from Bedfordshire up to Norwich and back, bout 300 miles round trip, almost motorways(M25/M11/A11) all the way there

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

...that sounds a little low to me! Up and till 3 weeks ago I had a 1.2 (99 - T Reg) Clio Grande, I used to fill up every 2 weeks.

Ive now got a 172 and Im filling up with optimax and Im probably filling up a couple of days earlier (when the guage is getting a little low, 1 notch from reservior) and Im putting in ~£30 of optimax (37 litres - does the 172 have a 10 litre reserve?)...The car says its doing about 40mpg.... To me the 172 and 1.2 are doing about the same (apart from me not letting the tank run down on the 172 like I did with the 1.2!)....

Adrian

However I drive, I always seem to get about 45mpg from my 1.2 16v. When I do long motorway trips it goes up to the high 50s.

used to average 30-33mpg depending on what mood i was in :(

then again, anyone who has seen me drive knows why this is ;)

35mpg ?? from a hairdryer engine !!!! sounds like you raggin it !! i reckon you should be getting atleast 45mpg .......if not more from a 1200cc...what RPM are you changing gear ?? 6k?? my valver cost me about ten quid a week to run (no i do more than ...."to the shops & back" )

1.2 16v does about 50mpg. My dynamique used to eat petrol like it was bloody water at something like 19mpg but i had the latest injection software loaded onto the engine management system and performs about 35-40

fatherted - i used to really abuse the car, but nothing ever broke on me, never needed any repairs from renault

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

I get about 40 MPG, and about 45MPG on a good day, thats pretty much ragging it through the low gears, but keeping it steady after that.

Combination of motorway and city driving. Although theres very little driving in Nottingham and Sheffield, more just sitting.

I used to have a 1.25 16V fiesta Zetec, and that used to get about the same under similar conditions, but my clio is only 8V.

I thought 40MPG for 1.2s was expected, lets face it, that and insurance is pretty much the only reason to drive them.

i can get over 70 mpg on motorway trips. it averages about 55 in town. that is the reason i bought a dci. i paid £100 pound more than the 1.2 16v so made the £100 pound back in a few months.

I get mid/high 30s around town, up to 50mpg on b roads and down to about 38mpg on the motorway sitting at 100mph..

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by cliopower on 13 November 2003

1.2 8V is 60mpg and is one of the most economical cars ive ever driver and quite nippy for what it is.
I have NEVER come close to 60mpg..

50 just about on a motorway, clear and not moving pedal at all.. just sat there.

46mpg is the best I can get driving places normally, but pedal never goes down more than 1cm..

36 - 38 average.. driving "normally".. which is about, 100 - 110 miles from a tenner.

60mpg oput of a 1.2 petrol somethings not right either

1 Your driving a completely stripped out car

2 Your calculations are out

3 Renault havnt done a very good job on there new 1.5dci diesels

4 You drive very very slow

I managed to get almost 80mpg out of my car once on a long journey to work crawling along in 5th. My adverage is only 55mpg so how come a petrol is almost as economical?

EDD

on mine i get usually about 35mpg usually, most ive got was 65 - that was nutral down hills - was low on petrol. i drove like a granny and got 48 mpg off the whole tank

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by ClioJohn on 12 November 2003

how many miles to the gallon do you lot get?

im getting about 35 and i dont feel like im particularlly ripping it. Does that not seem abit low?

these trips in and out of uni each day are fair chewing up the petrol!
thats not that good.i would say high 30s to mid 40s at least.has it got aircon?

Mk2 Golf GTI

last nite did about 40 miles without driving above 2000rpm and changed gear at about 2200 rpm, got an average mpg of 57

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

my 1.2 16v gets between 45-50 mpg... 45 seems to be on mways, when driving to work when its just 5th gear 50-70mph its up to 50. 03 reg, 12k on clock

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Im using a 1.2 16v from work this week and even when i thrash its nuts off im still getting 43mpg

ive been getting about 46/47 mpg in my 1.2 16v, done lots of journeys to lincolnshire this week, even driving between 85 & 1** most of the way i still got 42.5 mpg

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 18 November 2003

^^^^^^

:eek:

how :confused:
reset your trip computer,fill the tank up and see what mpg your getting when you have used the tank of petrol(after resetting you have to do a fair few miles to get an accurate reading).let me know what you get? has your car got aircon? jay

bmbam what was your MPG then I think I may have the record at what must be a maximum of 22mpg after 300 miles in a courtesy car.

How you get 40+mpg and say you drive it hard I dont know my idea of hard driving must be different to yours.

EDD

i was getting 30mpg (give or take 1 or 2)

but this never changed over 12000 miles, and i reset my trip computer every time i filled up

i dont reset the trip meter at all, or havent for the last 3500 miles. i hit about 4500-5000 rpm b4 i change up a gear all the way to fifth

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if your getting below 40mpg on a 1.2 16v no matter how you drive then thats pretty toss.if its really low then your trip computer poss f**ked.