ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek or yozzasport Exhaust??

Civic Type S GT
I've driven quite a few miles with the yozza on now and I am disappointed tbh.

The build quality and fit is spot on, but the noise just doesn't seem the same as the people on here who have older yozza's. I have tried to convince myself it is getting there but I tested it again this afternoon with the system fully warmed up and it just doesn't sound as good/raspy as say Da's does. It just sounds loud imo

I dont really know the reason, I could guess and spread rumours but I wont, and I know at least one other member has the same thoughts as me. I wont be complaining to yozza/trying for money back, but will probably buy something different in the near future.

I await people to tell me i'm wrong and its all in my head.

Mine's still the same since I last spoke to you bud, no rasp.:(

But even without that it still sounds good. Much better than my 5 hole old system. ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Glad your happy with it, its not what I wanted from the exhaust though, I wanted a decent exhaust note not just a load of noise.

Think I am going to go for a K-tec ultra performance since I liked chrispyclios's today, although I wont be getting the decat.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
sounds very odd mike! give me a call if you have any concerns
I will do, I have decided to give it a month/few more miles and see if I want to change it then. I'll give you a bell first if I do decide that.

I'll try and grab a video of mine but this was taken just after fitting and mine doesn't sound like it.

[YOUTUBE]97pBN_XV7sY[/YOUTUBE]

Like i said though, i'll give it another month to 'bed in' and get it back over the pit on Saturday to double check for leaks.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
it was installed by someone who knows their arse from their elbow wasn't it?
It was installed by someone I trust to do it properly who is a relative. I helped out at the same time too.

He does loads of mechanic work, has done all my previous cambelt's/servicing/brakes and it has all always been spot on. He has also rebuilt classic cars/motorbikes too.

He has fit exhausts in the past, but never a stainless system not that I would think it would make any difference :S

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
did he silicone up all the joints/flanges? or use s**t like gungum?

Well i thought since i had some gungum spare we could use that, but after speaking to you I went out and bought some high temp gasket silicone instead and we used that.

Do you think it may be leaking, we did check it after I had taken it for a quick spin but not since.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
check the CAT to centre section joint
We had problem with this one but it wasnt leaking when I left, I will check it again though and update you! I really hope its something as simple as this.