ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Milltek Problems

Datsun
Looking to see if anyone has any experience of this.

I had a Milltek cat-back fitted to my 182 back in July. When the car was last in for a service, the garage said the baffles were rattling/loose.

Anyone ever heard of this before? Seems fine from inside the car, but I don't want to keep hold of the exhaust if it's goosed.

Also, the tips are getting a bit rusty.. anyone got any advice for sorting a rusty tip? ;)

Black R27, 205gti
autosol should sort the tips out mate. about £6 from halfords.

You should have a lifetime guarantee on the milltek?

Datsun
Got the autosol out at the weekend, still a bit rusty though.

Think it's a lifetime guarantee - not really sure, PITA is I bought it from K-tec who are at the other end of the country from me!

Just wondered if anyone else had had problems with the baffles on them before.

Properly fitted there shouldn't be any rattles or problems with the baffles. However, it did take a while to get it to sit right, new mounts etc. Also make sure you have the adaptor pipe/sleeve which connects the cat to the milltek is present and fitted properly. I never had this at first and milltek sent me one as the fitment wasn't perfect.

As for the tips, the best thing to use is Silvo metal polish. Get the one with wadding in it, it's only 2-3 quid from tesco. It's excellent, and is what milltek recommend on there website for shiny pipes.