ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini Cooper GP 2 Vs Audi A1 Quattro

So was reading an artical this morning on both the new Mini Copper GP 2 Vs Audi A1 Quattro... now personally i wouldnt have either if i had the money to spend on such cars... but do like both... so wondered what peoples veiws were. Be interesting in admin would start a poll.

Personally i hate mini's (dont know why)... but i think that would be my choice!

Mini Cooper GP 2:
182976754792715431.jpg

Price: < £25,000
Top speed: Unknown - mph
0-62mph: Unknown - sec
Economy: Unknown - mpg
Kerb weight: Unknown - kg
Engine: 1.6 Turbo Charged
Installation: Unknown
Power: 220bhp
Torque: 258lb ft at 2500rpm

Audi A1 Quattro:
Audi-A1-quattro.jpg

Price: £41,020
Top speed: 152mph
0-62mph: 5.7sec
Economy: 33.2mpg
Kerb weight: 1390kg
Engine: In-line four, 1984cc
Installation: Front, transverse, 4wd
Power: 252bhp at 6000rpm
Torque: 258lb ft at 2500rpm​

41k!? Serious?

Apparently so... just did a bit of a search around the net and that the figure off one of the sites, but did notice it on a few others... cant understand where the extra £20 came from tho... why couldnt they just make it 41,000 or 41,100 lol

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
I must have misread the spec for the Audi, I keep reading it as £41,020! Looks nice but bloody hell!

Love the A1's so if i had the money it would be the a1 without a doubt. 41k for little car like that is bonkers though

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
£41K! But if they have sold them all then fair enough. My money would have gone on a 45K TTRS.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't understand the comparison.

Oh and all the A1's were LHD.

I don't understand the comparison.

Oh and all the A1's were LHD.

Comparison is in relation to two new limited addition hot hatches... agree big difference but untill the mini is aviable its unknown how different these will be. I think the Audi is a great hot hatch... however there a few negatives for me, for example the price, how can a hot hatch actually value its self at £41k, secondly its left hand drive, thirdly for such a small car, which big power, its 0-60 time isnt really anything special, understand it has a 4wd heavy system ect... but for 41k i would expect something outstanding and out of this world. However i do think its stunning. I also thought it was N/A and therefore tunning wise you wouldnt get a huge ammount more from it if you were to start playing with it.

In relation to the mini, what sways it for me, without knowing techinical info (as not avaiable), theres something quite angry looking about it, plus price range is much more that of what a hot hatch should be. its also turbo'ed which means if you were to start playing around, you could get significant BHP gain to that, which are simular of the A1, without having to spend anywhere near as much of that of the A1. Only let down with the mini, is that they didnt do something crazy like audi did and wack a 4wd system to it!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I would go with the A1,it doesn't have fog lights so theres less chance of you getting in trouble.:rasp:

PH2 Flamer
I work at MINI play Oxford. And have seen these cars being built, test driven and put on the RR.

It's an epic car, interior is gorgeous and such a nice place to be in. And the car drives like no other, and alot better than the older R50 cooper s GP.

Obviously never seen the a1 or driven one. But I would deffo choose it GP over the A1.

The build quality is brilliant too. They were built by a special German build team. Instead of the numerous polish and albanian that build the normal spec vehicles.

Turbos.
I don't know much about the new GP, does it have no rear seats and the fake strut bar like the original?

When you consider my Golf was nigh on the same money as the A1, i don't think it is badly priced for a very limited car (19 in the UK iirc) that retained its concept car looks. The downside is that they didn't make it more compromised; it should have been more of a track day car rather than simply a smaller Golf R.

PH2 Flamer
I don't know much about the new GP, does it have no rear seats and the fake strut bar like the original?

When you consider my Golf was nigh on the same money as the A1, i don't think it is badly priced for a very limited car (19 in the UK iirc) that retained its concept car looks. The downside is that they didn't make it more compromised; it should have been more of a track day car rather than simply a smaller Golf R.

Yeah no rear seats. And the strut bar in place.

The engine isn't a normal JCW either