ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Minor Scratches

was wondering does any one know how get rid of minor scratches not deep, just light ones? have used that scratch stick thing from t-cut, doesnt help as its not deep enuff? any one know how without having a respray?

GR7

Shiny red R32

How did you get the scratches? Are there just a couple, or loads from possibly a bit of grit in a sponge or something like that?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

try Turtlewax colourmagic+ with the chipstik, it works pretty well, you just need to make sure you get good coverage with the stik.I found going with the grain of the scratch, then against, then put some colour magic on and rub away the excess bits of stik, then more colour magic. and buff to a nice shine.

dunno how i got it, only got the clio for 3 weeks and theres sctratches on it , it aint deep but, its like the metallic film been scratched. i have a black clio, and the scratches comes out white-ish.

GR7

Shiny red R32

I wonder if a permanent black felt marker might touch up the scratches with a bit of polish on the top?

Lionel Richie

dont use a markerpen!!!!! But the new touch up kit from MER. Basically what you do is fill the scratch with touch up paint, then you leave it to set, add another coat if needed and then rub down with 1500grit Wet and dry paper (soaked in warm water and fairy liquid)(moping) You then wipe the area dry and T-cut like hell!!!! i used this techniquie on my bonnet, where someone had thrown a can at my car,you cant see the mark anymore (my car is pearl black too)

1500 grit wet n dry will polish out no problem, I just did my entire bonnet. I did start to panic half way through though as it really looks sh*te. I used Zymöl cleaner wax btw.

Lionel Richie

Yeah it scratches the surrounding area, but thats what the T-cut is for. Its exactly the same process bodyshops use,its called mopping

GR7

Shiny red R32

Fred, doesnt it rub off the surface of the clear coat of varnish or whatever it is called?

Trophy

GR,

I cant believe someone of your statue suggested a Black felt tip pen!!!

Your punishment is you are not allowed to clean or wax your car for a whole day.

Mat.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Too late Mat, as I have two lovely gleaming cars sitting outside. I polished both this afternoon and I have envious neighbours. But then one of them does have one of those ugly CTRs in drab silver. It would look better in black, and there is a red one just about a quarter of a mile away from me.

Sorry about the felt tip suggestion, I thought it might be better for very fine scratches, as touch up paint is usually thickish and looks raised up, whereas a permanent marker would just fill in.

Lionel Richie

its kindve hard to explain, but the 1500grit wet and dry paper when wet removes only tiny amounts of material, it doesnt damage the paint work. Although if you keep doing it then youll eventually take off too much paint, just like if you T-cut your car too much youll eventually get down to the bare metal

I use paint doctor on the fine scratches with very good results. Especially when followed with a good clear coat prep/cleaner and final wax layer or two.