ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mintex extreme...

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Been on KTEC and YOZZA but niether sell them. Where can i get some Mintex extreme brake pads for my 172. Ive even checked eGay :(

Any help much appriciated.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
i have a feeling they may be bein discontinued, so will prob only get them from mintex thenselves now, until stock runs out

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Ahh thanks guys, just been doing a search and found that people dont really rate them on here, yet my friend with a 172 says there are the s**t

I've had them on mine and for road use they are more than adequate, they do get some fade on track if you punish your brakes. The 1184 (think that's the number) are the ones to go for, better than DS2500's imo and I rate them extremely high

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Sounds good Jebus, Any idea where i can purchase these online? As the mintex website dont allow me to choose them for purchase.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Im just doing normal driving with the occasional emergency stop....but id like something more responsive that doesnt break the bank

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Ive heard some bad things about them in the past....unless they have improved? Will do a clio sport search :)

titanic killer
Ive hd mintex pads on mine for 8k and no probs tbh stop when you want to stop and low dust
dont tno the product number thou

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Ive just gone for standard renault replacements as there were so many mixed reviews on both ebc greens and extremes. So to play it safe ill just use stock items, which havent ever let me down. :) Might get some braided lines.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
GSF sell Mintex Extremes, but when I asked they had to order them in.

EBC Greenstuff is what I got in the end on my Clio, much improved now and going off people said, they were a cheap replacement. As I had them once before and hated them, they fall apart and over heated on my old cars.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've had them on mine and for road use they are more than adequate, they do get some fade on track if you punish your brakes. The 1184 (think that's the number) are the ones to go for, better than DS2500's imo and I rate them extremely high

I have them too! They defo fade but as said, spot on for road! they go through noisy SQUEAL phases!

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Well as said im just on normal roads, and im not that reckless as a driver, so these should be ample. If i was going on track then id get the pagid track pads which ive had before on my st185 :) more than ample :D

mk4 golf gttdi180
my brake need renewing so whats the best pad to go for and should i follow them with grooved and vented discs? what about greenstuffpads or are they to soft?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
chrstian rea, it depends on what application they are being used for i guess. I went for something that was OE as it just worked and did what it needed. Ive read ALL day (im not joking) and there are so many mixed reviews on ALL the pads available. From squeeling to falling apart they all seem to be good and bad depending on what they have been used for.

Good luck with your decission, at the end of the day i think its personal preference.

Rb 182
Well Ive just got the normal MIntex pads with QH discs, may not be the best ever but I bet they stop the car and for £56 all in its hard to argue!

Djw John

Rb 182
They are at least OE spec mate, you can pick them up even cheaper than that!

However £56 is trade price, the discs should be that on there own!