ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire amd serious exhaust smoke!!!

I've got a 1.4 clio s on the w plate and at low revs it mis firing and running pants - theirs serious amounts of white smoke coming from the exhaust as well but anything past 2000rpm and it stops doing it and runs fine. All i've done so far is change the plugs as i thought maybe one had fouled. when i took out the plug at cylinder 4 it was black soaking wet and their was loads of unburnt fuel smoking out of plug hole but is still doing it with new plugs!!. Also at low revs it has always slightly shook almost like its on the verge of cutting out like its revving too low. and i've also noticed that it is drinking a bit of coolant not loads but enough too notice but can't see how head gasket etc. would make it run like this. as i said it runs fine past 2000 rpm. Any help or past experiance would be greatly appreciated!!
cheers

RB 182 cup
i would say headgasket by what u have said only way to tell is to get a compression test done.

Clio 1.4s maxim
Had to change my head gasket just before christmas, and some of your symptoms sound fimilar,

The engine just shuck when idling, over reving as well abot 1600rpm
i had blue smoke from mine

Does the engine overheat, quickly i could only drive mine for about 5 min before i had to stop and wait till it cooled down, also does it lag when you put your foot down on the accelerator sort of a jurky motion.

It may be the start of the head gasket going, it may be a trip to the garage and also to the bank.