ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire - failed code reader says....

Clio RS172
Went to give the car a bit of a run today as its been standing around in all this wet weather for 2 weeks and is due an MOT tomorrow.... It started fine, then about 5ins into the drive it developed a big misfire...
My basic fault code reader says:

P0203 injector circuit open cylinder 3
P0443 evap emission control purge valve C fault
P0314 misfire detected cylinder not specified...

I guess it's the P0203 one I need to investigate as the 3rd code is a result of that? And I was already of the second code
(carbon canister removed)

car is 52 reg 172 cup
Anyone have any advice?

monaco 172
Pull a lead of each plug 1 at a time. When you remove one and thremovedremoved the same then you know that's the one to investigate.

The other 3 that are working will cause the engine to run even worse when removedremoved

Think you've pretty much nailed it , sounds like injector 3 has gone down, open circuit means a break, they are quiet common , just remember Renault injectors are backwards , so injector 3 is actually the 2nd one from the left !

Clio 172
It will be a failing injector on cylinder 3, I had the same code on mine 2 months ago, I ended up changing all of them in the end,

Clio RS172
Thanks chaps - Purchased a new fuel rail and injectors from RenParts and it sorted it out (it was the fuel injector itself on Cylinder 3)

LY FF182
As for the purge valve, have you tried connecting the two wires for the carbon canister? Worked on one I did recently

Clio RS172
Gggrrrrhhhhh...... This car is testing my patients!
After fitting the new injector parts i drove the car on Saturday and it was great, very responsive, loads of power - a really, really nice drive.
My brother took it to his work yesterday and it drove fine.

Went to take it for it's MOT today and within 5mins it was misfiring again - The only problem is, that its not showing a check engine light or showing any fault codes - so i was unable to diagnose the problem!!

Ph 1 Clio sport
Sorry to revive such an old thread but I’m having the same problem on a 53 172. Replaced No.3 injector and despite it not running as boggy it’s still mis-firing. Sorry for sounding like a tw@t but the injector I replaced doesn’t look like it’s seated properly could this be causing the mis-fire still?

Ph 1 Clio sport
5F572ABF-AFCB-4E75-812C-E66A6AD096E9.jpeg

Rusty Cup
looks in enough to me they can be a pain to seat properly. I certainly wouldnt say thats the reason for a miss fire as both my middle injectors look like that and my car runs fine.