ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire & now wont run

Can anybody help me please? I had a massive misfire at the last round of sls, before hand the car would not idle, after the misfire it would not start. It seemed to be flooding its self, got it home & had a look at my wiring for the motec piggy back ecu (fitted ready for future mods & to get the best from my cat 438 cams)to make sure I had no broken or loose wires, nothing obvious. The car then started but very rough idle. So today I fitted a new crank sensor & tidied up wiring, car wound over 2 or 3 times then there was a massive bang (excess fuel I think) then next turn it started but still not idling. My motec was showing unusal tps readings so where exactly is the tps sensor? or would it be the potentiometer on the pedal that could be causing it? I need to see if any of theses are the issue. Or has anybody go any other ideas please? It a ph2 172 cup

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Try a different throttle body on it if you can. Also, check the wiring in the inner wing fuse box. White plug - open it and have a look to see if you can see any corrosion.