ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfire & Restart

Clio 172
So I have this recurring misfire which is really starting to piss me off. It only happens when in traffic jams, and the car does allot of stop starting driving, if you turn off the engine for 2min the misfire disappears and the car drives fine again.

I have check the leads, spark plugs, lambada sensor, and injectors which all got replaced last year, the only thing I have not checked is the Coil-pack which came with the car, and I think was brought from eurocarparts. But the odd thing is, the ECU is not given pack any error codes, so I have no idea where to look?

Anyone have any ideas.

Just fixed my misfire, code reader couldn't find any faults but it was the coil pack in the end. Take the top of the leads off 1 by 1 with a pair of plastic grippers and see if one isn't firing.

Clio 172
Just fixed my misfire, code reader couldn't find any faults but it was the coil pack in the end. Take the top of the leads off 1 by 1 with a pair of plastic grippers and see if one isn't firing.

Sound like a good idea, it's about the only thing I have not checked, do you know if there is a way to check the Coil Pack with a Multimeter?