ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfireing running lumpy & EML??

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry new to this site!..But my Clio 172 Cup Has the EML light on all the time & Runs lumpy like its misfireing etc!..

ive changed the coil pack but still the same!..ive not checked the leads or plugs yet & am'i right you have to take the inlet off to change them?

Sorry if this ha been covered!..its just doing my head in haha

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
no replies? :(

i think could be down to injector!

anyone in essex that has a diagnostic gadget that would like to diagnoise my car please?,beer money involved!

172 cup (again)
I had an injector break down and the eml flashed on and off before staying on permanently, the engine dropped onto 3 cylinders and sounded like a Scooby - it wouldnt rev clean.
From what I have read previously, the injector that normally 'dies' is the 4th - the one that is on the furthest left hand side as you look down into the engine bay (opposite side to the airbox/battery).
Take the injector rail cover of the front of the engine using a 10mm deep socket which will reveal the injector rail and the injector plugs. Start the car and remove 1 injector plug from the end of the injector at a time - if the tone of the engine changes then the injector you are unplugging is fine, if the tone of the engine does not change then that should identify the faulty injector - this will take less than 10 mins and its not hard at all - don't be fazed by doing it. I picked up an entire 2nd hand injector rail and changed the whole thing. You can change individual injectors quite easily if you can get hold of a single one. I do have 3 working ones on my old injector rail but im in South Wales so cant help unless you want 1 posted

172 cup (again)
To change them, use a 10mm socket to remove the 2 nuts that hold the injector rail in and then disconnect the fuel line - from memory you just pull it off the left handside by squeezing the top, don't be alarmed when a little fuel will squirt out (ts pressurized but don't worry). Once this is done, squirt some wd40 around each of the injectors as they go into the chambers as they are held in by rubber seals. Gently pull and wiggle the entire rail out by applying the pulling pressure on different locations up and down the rail - it will all come out in 1. You will be able to see how each of the injectors are secured to the fuel rail and this will enable you to remove the faulty one and replace it with a working one or alternatively find a complete rail.
Im sure the injectors are used in 106 gtis and saxo vts.
I have 3 spare injectors and can post you one on Monday for a fee if you cant sort it sooner