ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfiring issue

I am having a problem with my clio misfiring (172)
I have changed the plugs and tested a new coil pack to no avail. Finally I have been able to hook my rs tuner up which is throwing up a DF0054 fault on injector 3.
I have changed the injector which has not solved the problem. Thinking I may have got the cylinder numbers confused having read a similar thread I put the new injector into number 3 and the number 2 injector ( with no fault) into number 3. This is assuming that cyclinder 1 is drivers side.
This then gave two faults on injectors 2 and 3.
Alongside this occasionally it is giving a short circuit fault +vbat on 3 and on 2 now that I have swapped them. I am unsure as to what it could now be and have searched to no success.

Any help is much appreciated.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Change injectors 2&3 for 1&4, see if the fault moves.

If not it could be a wiring issue.

Ok guys I am back over the holidays so wanted to get this sorted.

I have gone to start the car but it will not start so currently starting the battery up as we speak as it had lost charge.

The car has now had new injectors on cylinders 2 + 3 to make sure.
I also have some new leads to test just in case.

Are there any tips for starting it up after a dear battery as I am having no luck when jump starting.

I have tried:

• Key in position 2
  • Hold central locking
  • Throttle down
  • it beeps
  • Off
  • and turn over again
and this same sequence but straight after I get 2 beeps?

and disconnecting battery for three mins with key in position 2 and reconnecting then lock and unlock

Just to note I will await until the battery is fully charged and try again tomorrow.

With regards to the imobiliser light. it is flashing normally when unlocked and goes solid for a couple of seconds when the key is in position 2 before going off.
When trying to start it simply cranks over.
I have checked I have fuel but will check sparks tomorrow also.

Cheers

Looking....
Simular problem with mine.
Engine light flashing
Plug in rstuner and got
1. Injector 2 fault
2. Injector 2 short circuit to +vbat
Cleared codes
Restart the car and engine light returns.
Plug in rstuner and get just injector 2 fault.

In the mean time I go in to order a new injector and forget about it over night.
Following morning I realise I've left the key in the ignition, position 1 over night (Tit).
Go to start the car and it's dead. Jump it off the civic and same, cranks over but won't start. Try the following:
Key in and turn the position 2 for 1 min
Turn off for 30 sec
Back to position 2 for 30 sec
Back off for 30 sec
Try to start the car.
Don't know why but it seemed to work for me.